So Tempting

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yea I think if you're looking for a dog that settles well a Mal is probably not the best choice, regardless of where you are in life...

Paige

Let it be
bah ha ha I know right? Maybe its wishful thinking. Maybe I will make it my goal in life to find one.

Good thing that dog is in Vernon.
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!

Thankfully my situation is crap right now because I am back up to Winfield to pick up the rest of my stuff soon. That is just mean to mention.:rofl1:

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Foster one for the Malinois rescue! You'll help save a life and learn if the breed suits you without having to commit to 9-15 years immediately.
Honestly that is what Im wanting to do, I suggested to Tyler the other day that we should start to foster once we get our fence up, we would save a life, and have an idea if we can handle 3 dogs. I know I would be able to since I've always had 3 dogs in a household, but Tyler has only grew up with 1 dog. ha ha

The only issue is finding a rescue since we live kinnda in a weird place.

Aleron

He's a cute dog but from the pictures I don't know that he is a Mal. Could be a Mal mix I suppose but he looks rather GSD-ish to me too.

Fostering for Mal rescue is a great idea!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Honestly that is what Im wanting to do, I suggested to Tyler the other day that we should start to foster once we get our fence up, we would save a life, and have an idea if we can handle 3 dogs. I know I would be able to since I've always had 3 dogs in a household, but Tyler has only grew up with 1 dog. ha ha

The only issue is finding a rescue since we live kinnda in a weird place.
Having a 3 do household while living with your parents, when 2/3 belong to your parents, vs having a 3 dog household of your own are two different things.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I don't know for sure but I can't imagine a pit bull/mastiff mix has much energy to match a Malinois. Keep in mind it also may butt heads with your terrier. I really don't want to discourage you from investigating but I myself was taken a bit off guard after owning pit bulls and terriers for years. I was convinced a mal wouldn't be much different, Oye. Luckily it suits me but it won't suit everyone so fostering is a great way to test the waters.

I will say owning 4 dogs when I lived with my parents was much easier than it is now. If I needed a hand, if I wanted to stay out and called home they could potty dogs, they could feed, they gave extra cuddles and ball throws when I was busy, and so on. Of course being on my own now it's all on my shoulders and I don't have the luxury of "eh, if I'm not home in time mom will potty them", etc.

Not to say its not doable, duh lol, but coming from someone who transitioned (and did well) it is an adjustment.

Members online