I be a Beagle-A-Bull!!!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
The dog has a kennel to live in. Nope, not ideal at all, I will say again that I am a huge fan of indoor dogs--one of mine is contently twitching in his sleep next to me as I type.

However, it's better than the shelter. In our area at least, there is a huge abundance of beagles and finding a home for an older one would be very difficult. Hopefully the OP is in a situation where the dogs can be indoors soon.

Paige

Let it be
Bandit had to live outside for a good chunk of his early life because my mom refused to have him or the other big dog indoors. I've been in one of those situations before and I know what its like. You aren't overly fond of it and you could rehome your dog but if its not forever or the dog is comfortable and happy outside well... some times situations aren't the most ideal and you make the bet out of them.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I for one like the collar. I could never have an outdoor dog, but HELLO, reality check - who can just up and move at the drop of a hat?

You don't care about your dog because you won't move. When they are handing out the chaz dumb comments of the year, I'm saving that one up.

Jess.... Have you ever moved on your own, or more so, moved with a dog? Or two dogs even?!

Sorry, but the condemnation tone in your post really irked me.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Hey Muttkip , Collars are great and he is so freaking smiley! I just adore beagles. That labs color is just so so deep , i really love it.

On the side note , I hope your mother can kill her demons and you and your family can be healed. I also hope your little sister is ok. I dont know you but have had some crazy crap happen also and know what it is like to choose between evils.

Dont let some here deter you from posting and joining in , we all come from some very different walks of life and well i will just leave it at there are always loud ones in any crowd.

So get some more pics , i did meantion i lurve me some hunting dogs.! lol

Barb04

Super Moderator
Well, I think I'd better come and get them off your hands. I can handle them but I'm not sure if you can! LOL So adorable!

Hey Muttkip , Collars are great and he is so freaking smiley! I just adore beagles. That labs color is just so so deep , i really love it.

On the side note , I hope your mother can kill her demons and you and your family can be healed. I also hope your little sister is ok. I dont know you but have had some crazy crap happen also and know what it is like to choose between evils.

Dont let some here deter you from posting and joining in , we all come from some very different walks of life and well i will just leave it at there are always loud ones in any crowd.

Great post.

Not everyone can be in the best situation all the time, you seem to be making do with what you have, and your dogs look happy. I liked the pics.

As long as the collars don't restrict breathing or movement (which neither dog looked to be in distress) the by all means, let them wear 'em.

I know how it is to not always be in the best situation, I'm currently working 12 hour shifts and my husband has a 1.5 hour one way commute to work, so he's gone a minimum of 11 hrs at a time as well. We made the best of it and fenced in part of the yard and set the dogs up with a cool spot to lay and a fan and enough room to stretch their legs and potty outside while we are working. Do I like being gone that long? No. Do I worry about them being outside that long? Yes. The bills have to get paid though. You do the best you can with what you have.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I wish I could up and move, we've been trying for a year now. Sucks.

Beau still looks great. :)

I do believe beagles outside are a bit different than malinois outside.

I don't think Muttkip means any harm, I think she loves her dogs. :)

Arnold wears 2in 4 ply nylon collars all the time. They are both for security and comfort on his tie down.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream

yep--have to agree with all of this. I wish we all had ideal situations, especially if you are on your own and needing to provide for yourself. It's not easy for any of us--and it sounds as if you got an extra helping of challenging situations. Good for you for finding something that works--and your dogs certainly look like they are healthy and happy. I'd enjoy more pics--I do love me some hound dogs and labs!

Members online

No members online now.