Cooked dog food?

keyodie

Keyozilla
Well I know this one person that cuts up these little vegetables (forgot what they were) into really small pieces, boil a little bit of chicken and then feed that to her dog. I was wondering, what are some necessary things to remember if you cook or make the food for your dog?

And I was wondering, are birthday cakes for dogs different that human Bday cakes? And how?

Thanks! :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
if you feed a home prepared diet, it's important that you either have a well balanced recipe, or make sure that the dog gets all the necessary nutrients over a certain time span, e.g. calculated over the course of a week or so. if someone is just starting out, i highly recommend buying at least one good book on the topic and following tried and true recipes.

if you only add some extras to a commercial diet, there's less of a problem of causing an imbalance.

birthday cakes for dogs are generally made with more "dog friendly" ingredients, e.g. no sugar or chocolate.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
you are welcome, gaddy - i love the book myself, not just for the nutrition part of it, but also for the holistic outlook on pet care. dr. pitcairn is a great vet. :)

Members online

No members online now.