Collar Recommendations--Help!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Jack has always been easy to buy collars for--just as to fit and be water proof--but Sally is not so easy....

Every collar I find in the store is either too narrow (I prefer at least an inch wide), has a plastic snap buckle (seems weak to me), is sliding adjustable (never had good luck with those), has a rough or scratchie lining, has a too-small or non-functional d-ring, etc.

Yesterday I bought her a fabric Martha Stewart collar, because she's down to Jack's old Coach collar, which is a little too big and the d-ring *sucks.* The collar is nice enough but not exactly what I wanted.

Soooo, I need Chaz collar help! I am looking for a collar that:

--Is NOT slide adjustable and does not have a plastic snap buckle thing

--I can get in medium sizes (less than 20'') but still have it be an inch wide

--has a *soft* liner--Sally has sensitive skin and I prefer that she wear her collar as much as possible (we live in town and her collar has her tags on it), so most regular collars rub her neck skin

--has either 2 d-rings or one big enough for at least 3 tags (ID, rabies, city tag), and a leash to attach to

--is sturdy enough for a 55 lb "pit bull type" (or pit bull mix, or pit bull, or pittie, or pibble, or bulldog, or bully breed, or potential APBT, or potential amstaff :p)

--cool looking would be awesome too--lol

I am begging here, I spent almost an hour analyzing collars at Petsmart yesterday.......:yikes:

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Do you have to buy it locally?
And are you looking for water-proof?

If no to either of those questions, we can make you up something perfect for Sally.:D

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Do you have to buy it locally?
And are you looking for water-proof?

If no to either of those questions, we can make you up something perfect for Sally.:D
Awesome!!

I talked it over with DH, and he's cool with it--I'll email sometime this weekend--I'm so excited!

I'd get one for Jack too, but as you can see from the siggy pic, he clearly needs water proof--lol!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
We have some no-buckle collars we got from Collarmania a few years ago, and she has nice designs!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'd definitely go custom. I had a similar issue with Juno, she needs a collar at least an inch wide (any smaller just looks so flimsy!), but she only has a 16" neck so I could never find the size I wanted.

So yes, go with the Ellas :D

Ive never bought a ellas...yet. But id say go with that, since she will do what you want lol.

I always buy mine from etsy, as most will custom make them for me.

Members online