Food (people)

Saje

Island dweller
Ok so with this new job (thanks for all the well-wishes) I will probably be living pretty cheap (maybe out of my car) for a month. I'm going to drive there a month ahead of me and I'm taking Nanook with me. So what kind of food (veggie) should I stock up on that I can eat in the car (15-hour drive there) and doesn't take much preparation since I won't be bringing any cooking stuff with me and I don't even know if I'll have a stove!

Saje

Island dweller
This is the one area where I'll be moving http://www.laclabicheregion.ab.ca/attract.html

150 lakes in 65n kms! That's lots! Good thing I LOVE to swim. I doubt I'll have a problem finding a nice little corner for the dogs to run and swim unharrassed by PEOPLE and OTHER DOGS!!!! LOL

Isn't it gorgeous!? Cold winters there though.

Saje said:
Ok so with this new job (thanks for all the well-wishes) I will probably be living pretty cheap (maybe out of my car) for a month. I'm going to drive there a month ahead of me and I'm taking Nanook with me. So what kind of food (veggie) should I stock up on that I can eat in the car (15-hour drive there) and doesn't take much preparation since I won't be bringing any cooking stuff with me and I don't even know if I'll have a stove!
What difference does it make? They are all the same. Celery, carrots and lettuce oh for flavor try a pepper. If it were me, Id eat Nanooks food

you could get a cooler and keep it full of ice so you can have some stuff like youu would keep in a fridge. other than that dry stuff like rice cakes, cereal bars, soem fruit. oh yeah there's always fast food :p

Debi

WOW...it looks so beautiful there!!! this sounds like quite an adventure. I'm no help in the food department...usual fruits & raw veggies of course. you gotta have some protein.... OH...maybe some trail mixes, nuts (is that allowed?) lol keep some crackers to munch on. ok, now I'm hungry.................................:)

luvmydogs

looks like up here, upstate NY. its beautiful, but u will get tired of being cold quickly. enjoy the little summer u will have there. congrats again..yae peppers, carrots, celerysticks, anything u can think of....as debi said, trail mixes are good too. how about cereal??? Dry cereal...pretzel sticks..etc..

Zoom

Twin 2.0
LUNA BARS!! Espeically the chocolate peanut butter ones. Oh so tasty...and for added bonus, they qualify as vegan. Then your normal apples, oranges, dried fruit mixes...maybe take a big cooler and get some Lean Cuisines...there's a decent maniccoli, some sort of pasta and veggies, for the first few meals when hitting microwave buttons is all you'll have energy for.

Debi

I just thought of those high protein bars...my Stef lives on them I think! they are pretty good. :)

Members online

No members online now.