Do your pets ever hurt you?

Fran27

I think I've already seen a thread about it, but I figured I would start another - after all, I want to know I'm not the only one my pets love to hurt :rolleyes:

Just tonight, I was scratched in the face by an overexcited Boris because of the kids at the door while I was sitting at the computer (going to be fun to explain that one at work tomorrow), and I have a one inch long cut on my left hand because my old cat can't target well when he tries to jump on the desk, and landed on my hand, all claws out :rolleyes: Must be the third time he pulls that trick on me, too... *sigh*

So there, tell me I'm not alone...

Sweet72947

Squishy face
My lab jumps up when she's excited and bonks me in the nose!! Boy, that hurts! Also, my guinea pigs scratch the he** out of me when I trim their nails! They hate that so much.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Aww poor you! :p

Lucas use to step on my feet! That hurt SOOO much!!!!
He also use to hit his snout against my face!! Now that was painful!! I would lean down just as he flipped his head up and the end results would be me in pain clutching my nose and him happilly trotting away T_T lol :p

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
Andy is bad about jumping on me when he's happy to see me. He's a little dog, but his nails are very sharp. Even if when I cut them they are still like little daggers. He's drawn blood on more than one occassion :rolleyes:

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I have multiple bruises everywhere from playing with Riot lol

Riots "grandpa" has bruises across his hand from rough housing with Riot (his own fault lol He grabs him BY his teeth lol)

Riots favourite game is "find mommy" I'll hide under a bunch of blankets when hes out of the room.. then call his name saying "HEELP RIOT" and he'll come running.. he'll find me and then un cover me (NOT gentley ether lmao hes in a panic lol) and then he'll jump all over me soo excited to see me again lol
Thats just asking for claw marks, teeth marks and bruises! lmao

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Millie and Lucy scratch me in the face sometimes if they jump up. When I lived with my rottie he would step on my foot and rotate, leaving pretty colorful bruises on more than one occasion. :rolleyes:
Blossom, the rabbit, leaves scratches on my neck sometimes when she's scarmbling to get on to my shoulder.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Actually, not much anymore. Occasionally the cats will forget their manners and scratch me, and occasionally Ripley will jump up and scratch when I'm wearing shorts.

Dakota is very careful around me. When he jumps up on the bed at night, he tiptoes around and makes sure he doesn't even step on my legs. LOL, he hates anything that hurts me. A while back, I got a papercut and said "owww, dammit" and slammed the paper on the desk. Dakota jumped up, grabbed it and tore it to bits. :lol-sign:

He wasn't always so careful though. As a puppy, he dislocated my kneecap several times for slamming into me. He used to body-slam me as a greeting. When he was really young, he thought my nose was a chew toy.

Brattina88

How did that happen Elegy? :p

Missy hurt my jaw with her big ole head... bruised it and even when the bruise went away my jaw was sore for a while. I kind of bent down into it though...

A cat I once owned climbed up a wall that I was standing next to, scratched up my face, and then latched onto my face and hung there until I pulled him off (which ripped my face worse). He was given to me as a "present" from the rescue I worked at; given mainly for the fact that dogs I foster need to learn how to coexist with cats... that worked out well... NOT :(

:p I'm considering myself really lucky with my dogs - after reading the other posts lol

bubbatd

Yup .. I've bled from Ollie .... when he's in his folly mood ! Watch a cat scratch though !!!

elegy

overdogged
How did that happen Elegy? :p
she lunged and my fingertip got wrapped up in the leash stupid and got twisted around in a way fingertips weren't meant to twist. i actually didn't go to the doctor for like a week because i didn't think it was possible that my dog really broke my finger. :eek:

she did :p

i had to wear a splint for 6 weeks. and it was my middle finger. of course.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Oh ouch! lol I've had that happen with a horse.

I was practicing Barrel Racing.. and stupid me.. I barely hold on to the reins with a full hand lol I mainly use leg.. well the pattern ended.. we passed the stop line.. and then she just wouldn't stop.. lol I ended up breaking a finger pulling her in lol She LOVEd to just run lol

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
I refuse to wear shorts around my three when I come home from anywhere! The one bad thing that I'm trying so hard to correct, but haven't completely successful is their jumping up to greet me, or maybe I should say to scratch me!

Bear is a good boy and doesn't jump on you no matter how excited he is. He loves to wrestle though. I have a scrape in my armpit from the other day when we were wrestling and he stepped on me. :p

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Riots favourite game is "find mommy" I'll hide under a bunch of blankets when hes out of the room.. then call his name saying "HEELP RIOT" and he'll come running.. he'll find me and then un cover me (NOT gentley ether lmao hes in a panic lol) and then he'll jump all over me soo excited to see me again lol
Thats just asking for claw marks, teeth marks and bruises! lmao
LOL! I do the exact same thing as you, only I have to cover my ears when I'm under the blanket, because Sawyer is liable to bust my eardrums by shriek barking in excitement.

I also have a nice set of teeth marks on my legs right now from him because I happened to be in the way as he went to retaliate against a dog who had just bit his ear. :rolleyes:

F

fastpitchchic

Your definately not alone. I've been poked in the eye with paws, smacked in the head with tails, scratched up by nails and it's not just the dogs, their toys have done wonders on my feet :rolleyes: I'll tell you those nylabones really hurt at 1am when I stumble to the bathroom and step on them.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I have multiple bruises everywhere from playing with Riot lol
ROFL! Why does this not surprise me?

Tosca turned me into a major chew toy when I first got her, till she learned to have a softer mouth. There was the foot chewing thang too. I was one big scratch and puncture. Now, she doesn't hurt me at all. Even if she jumps up on me, she doesn't really push her body to mine. Thank heavens. So I am now wound free when it comes to Tosca.

I get the occasional cat scratch when one of my cats spooks at something when it happens to be on my lap. Boy does that burn. Mojo thinks he's a ballerina but he's not, so sometimes he will hop on me and do a little bit of "dig in". Nothing major, unless you include the time Roni pushed the tin canister that was up high and hit me on the head.

MayasMom

Lol, I actually have a very painful red bump on my nose that Maya gave me two days ago. She has learned that if we don't want to play fetch she can get the ball in her mouth, sling her head and let go and then go chase after it. Well I was laying on the couch when she decided to do this with a really hard ball and it smacked me right on the bridge of my nose. I actually ended up in tears.
We play the find mommy game too, but I've learned to cover my nose because inevitably she will pounce on it. Maya also thinks the proper way to greet me if I'm laying on the floor is to head butt me. That has lead to some painful encounters too. Not to mention the scratches Chris and I have from those sharp claws.

BostonBanker

Meg? No.

Tristan, the horse? Heck, yeah:rolleyes: . One very nasty kick to the knee when he was four. It was actually the first time anyone had ever fallen off him (testament to his generally good nature), and he panicked as he saw me flying through the air, spun, and kicked out before I even hit the ground. All over snow falling off the roof!

He also regularly abuses me with his head. When he gets sweaty, he gets itchy, and he feels that he has the right to itch it on whomever he wants. He has however, made the very clear decision NOT to hurt me. Another horse ran over me, knocking me to the ground in front of Tristan. Tristan slammed to brakes on so quickly to avoid stepping on me that I had bruises on my side from where he slid into me. He proceeded to stand stock still until I got up, despite the other horse running off.

[/IMG]

Members online

No members online now.