Walking/Running ____ Miles in 2013?

Romy

Taxiderpy
I'm starting with two mile walks, going to build up to 3 mile runs, uphill, with a big bucket of water. Buahaha. Training to enter a spartan race later this year. :D

FG167

Ran Kastle two miles and walked one on my lunch break. Instead of eating lunch out :) Then I had a yogurt and an apple for lunch.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I usually do the uphill runs with a 35 lb kid in a stroller anyway, so this'll just be to get ready for the race. Because I want to win it. Arrooo!

Must make a spear and practice throwing that too.

milos_mommy

I can't walk or run outside alone, and I don't have a treadmill, BUT my dad does have a stationary bike. So I'm going to try to ride that for a little bit tomorrow.

One week in, how are we all doing? We had some great weather here so I was able to get out a little more. Didn't have any motivational problems last week, but it's going to be darned hard to keep it up this week! The weather's supposed to be getting a little frosty and I'm no snow bunny.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
23 miles total here. It's rainy and gross now and I was at an agility trial all weekend, so I'm a bit behind. :p 10 mile hike planned for next Sunday though!!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Holy cow, I just signed up for that RunKeeper site and put in Frodo's walk that we take every other day, and it's two miles! I was expecting it to be less than a mile. Now I kind of want to participate and make it a Frodo and I thing (I plan on running again once spring is here and I won't kill myself on ice) and see how much we actually walk between this and going walking/hiking other places...

FG167

I believe I am at 18...and I walk a LOT for work (I'm heading a tracking program right now) and don't count that. Yay. (tired)

Hmmmm, exercise tickers in the signature lines, cool idea!

I did a little over 25 miles actual walking (I walk to and from work, a little over three miles each way) plus 17 on the treadmill. As I said, it was nice here last week. This week... not so much.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Nasty weather here has been cramping my walking, but I'm still moving along.

I'm 3.33% to my goal today! LOL

I'm game! I'm training for a 5k (and then later this year I'm going to start training for a half marathon) now, plus the random hiking I go on.

I keep track with RunKeeper. I love them so much! They have a free or paid app on the iPhone, and you can track running, walking, hiking, biking, swimming, all sorts of things all on the same app, and they have a separate website. You can have friends on there and follow each other to keep each other motivated. If anyone has one or wants to get one, let me know!

Actually, RunKeeper's goal tracking is only for one activity, so I can't say "Run + Hike 1000 miles" like I'd intended on, so mine is going to be only running. I run every other day, so I'm going to say 650 miles this year, because once I get started training my half marathon, I may decide I need to wait a while and keep working on my time for the 5k.
Downloaded RunKeeper yesterday, very cool! Similar to MapMyWalk but with the added bonus that you can keep your actual route maps private. Oh yeah, and you can start your "Goal" tracking in the past. I couldn't back my goal up to the beginning of the year on MMW.

I have endomondo on my cell phone. it tracks what I do when i turn it on. I normally do atleast 5k every walk.But winter is harder for me, due to light. but when days are longer I do anywhere from 5-10k a day or more. I game, and pretty confident I could go past it. I love walking

(5k = 3.1miles)

tzigane

Downloaded RunKeeper yesterday, very cool! Similar to MapMyWalk but with the added bonus that you can keep your actual route maps private. Oh yeah, and you can start your "Goal" tracking in the past. I couldn't back my goal up to the beginning of the year on MMW.
Yay! Glad you like it. I LOVE that I can go back to change the date.

Bleh, added 24 miles treadmill/walking combined for last week. Nothing, nada, yesterday or today because I'm feeling particularly... bleh. I'm really looking forward to spring.

You know, when you have a choice walking for fitness is fun. You get a great sense of accomplishment.

Today... not so much. I'm going to be vehicle-less for two days, van's going for an extended stay at the shop. Last week this would have been an adventure. Today, again... not so much.

Weather Network tells me it's -18°C today, the windchill shoving that down to -28°C (0°F & -18°F). Peachy. Going to be doing some really BRISK walking.

Members online

No members online now.