Should we be preparing for Zombies? This one might be an early sign...

Barbara!

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/18638598/miami-police-shoot-kill-man-eating-another-mans-face

The guy was told multiple times to get off the guy and continued to do it after being shot.

I stand by my opinion him being shot multiple times and killed was justified.

*NOTE* I didn't watch the video or click the pic under it so I don't know if it has not ok things on it... Just a heads up just posting the news story.*
That should not have been the first resort. Sorry, but if I'm ever drugged or my child ever does something of the sort, I would hope that the response "omg, shoot him!" would NOT be the first one.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm not suggesting he wasn't eating a man (i suspect he wasn't, but was biting him). I'm suggesting everyone is assuming it was something when no one knows what it was. 2 naked men on a bridge, one playing bitey face..... Tells me sweet F A.

Doesnt tell me anything about justification.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Did you know the victim was also naked?

Don't people enjoy thinking outside the box?? Or is it all just automatic response....
Yes I did know that. It was in some of the write ups.

When it comes to someone eating another person who is still alive... No I din't really need to think outside the box. The story is already WAY outside any box

Playing bitey face? He was ripping flesh from the mans face... The man is in critical condition. If a dog was ripping flesh off my daughters face... I would also shoot it if I had a safe shot.

yoko

That should not have been the first resort. Sorry, but if I'm ever drugged or my child ever does something of the sort, I would hope that the response "omg, shoot him!" would NOT be the first one.
I don't mean to offend but if your child ever jumps on someone *naked or not* and starts eating their face. Not just biting... Actually biting, ripping, chewing up and ingesting someone's face and repeatedly did it I really wouldn't feel bad if they shot and killed them.

I get the 'I would hope someone would show my family member some mercy' I really do. But at the same time I feel more strongly about saving the person whose face is being eaten by a crazy person.

I personally wouldn't want them to even take the time to be like 'hey get off her!' like it sounds like they did with this guy. If the other person is EATING MY FACE and I'm still alive I want you to shoot them and then wonder why they are doing it later.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yes I did know that. It was in some of the write ups.

When it comes to someone eating another person who is still alive... No I din't really need to think outside the box. The story is already WAY outside any box
So you believe the story as it is reported? Truth and nothing but the truth?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I believe what the witnesses and officers saw (who are now scarred for life from this scene)

Might there be more to the story? Almost certainly however i really acn't blame a human being for doing whatever nessecary to stop a horror show like that. You can't TEACH people how to handle a scene like that with a totally clear head. Stop a drug deal, sure. Stop a guy beatig on his wife, sure. But you just can't really be totally prepared for that.

I am glad you all know exactly how you would and would not handle such a scene

Xandra

I wonder how long it takes for an eye to be destroyed by another's teeth? Half a second? I bet the officer could've found another way of dealing with the man within a minute or two but at what cost to the victim?

I'm not exactly stoked at the fact that someone out of it was shot, but taking this story at face value, I would absolutely hate to see an innocent or at least non-violent person disfigured and blinded because the officer wasted precious time trying to find a non-lethal way of dealing with the man.

ETA again, lol, as I am typing and reading stories there is a flurry of posting, it always gets me...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Playing bitey face? He was ripping flesh from the mans face... The man is in critical condition. If a dog was ripping flesh off my daughters face... I would also shoot it if I had a safe shot.
Very, VERY different scenario to two naked grown men on a bridge.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/18638598/miami-police-shoot-kill-man-eating-another-mans-face

The guy was told multiple times to get off the guy and continued to do it after being shot.

I stand by my opinion him being shot multiple times and killed was justified.

*NOTE* I didn't watch the video or click the pic under it so I don't know if it has not ok things on it... Just a heads up just posting the news story.*
Do you have evidence to the contrary?

crazedACD

I am horribly curious as to why they were both naked. But..would you want to wake up out of your drug induced stupor or psychotic episode and realize that you ate another person's face off? Who would want to live with that...live in prison the rest of your life with that stigma.

Good riddance, get those type of people out of here.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Also..... You haven't got the witnesses or the officers accounts. You've got a journalists account, who probably got that account from a different journalist, who is probably rubbing his or her hands at how much money this story is making them.

The only account that matters is the one of the victim.AND the one of the dead guy. Anything else is just interpretation of events.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Very, VERY different scenario to two naked grown men on a bridge.
Really? Why is it so different? The man who was bitten was taken to the hospital with his face totally mutilated and large chunks of his face ripped completely off. Left to their own devices that man would have certainly died at the hands (or should I say teeth) of the attacker... Just like with a dog biting someones face and ripping it apart.

And people keep saying "the cop should have done this... Should have done that". People seem to be exactly sure of what one should do in that situation so I think its safe to say that is what they think THEY would do in that position

Bailey08

Exactly this.

No where in US law does it say that if someone attacks you you can then start to consume their body parts. Even still... Self defense is what normal people would do... EATING people is not the sign of a stable human being. Then ading in that the first shot didn't affect the guy what so ever and he continued to eat his victims face, not the sign of a stable human being.

The officer has a duty to protect the victim but ALSO keep himself safe. Approaching the man and engaging in hand to hand combat could have very likely ended up gravely for the officer in question and I can't fault him for thinking about preserving his own well being as well as the guy who was being EATEN
Absolutely agree. The officer didn't have a duty to protect the d@mn face eater, nor to question his motives while he was literally in the act of eating another person's face.

Sorry, but we simply cannot expect police officers to risk their own lives and the lives of victims in that manner. Whether the guy was mentally ill, hyped up PCP, or whatever, he was putting others in a dangerous and potentially deadly situation.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Really? Why is it so different? The man who was bitten was taken to the hospital with his face totally mutilated and large chunks of his face ripped completely off. Left to their own devices that man would have certainly died at the hands (or should I say teeth) of the attacker... Just like with a dog biting someones face and ripping it apart.

And people keep saying "the cop should have done this... Should have done that". People seem to be exactly sure of what one should do in that situation so I think its safe to say that is what they think THEY would do in that position
Dog vs human?? Not the same situation AT all.

I for one haven't said what did or didn't happen on that bridge.... Might have thrown an idea or 2 out, but I haven't got a clue.

I'm the only one keeping an open mind though. Yes, even though one guy is in hospital. Even the most obvious scenes are pretty often not what you think.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Sometimes I think people argue for the sake of arguing.
I'm being deadly serious. If that was intended for me. Why jump to conclusions?? I hate newspaper reports for one. They don't report facts, they report STORIES.

Why just assume its how its reported. I like thinking outside the box. I enjoy considering that just MAYBE theres more than one explanation. I don't buy into just any old thing I'm told. Analyse the world around you!

Members online

No members online now.