Dog needs new handler

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm afraid to try agility, I think I will become addicted. And I don't have the time to do TWO sports and raise a family and train 2 horses lol.

That is a NICE facility! Maybe, despite what I just said, Frankie and I should check out agility...
LOL It gets super hard to balance sports and their time commitments, that is one of the reasons we dropped Flyball and I don't have any kids! Plus we recently decided to say thank you and no to the horse we have been riding/we were going to buy, the dog stuff takes too much time and money already!

I hear ya. I want to do dock diving and tracking too - if only I could quit my day job!
Dock Dogs is *EXPENSIVE*. When I think of how much each wave costs compared to each run and how many you do in a day, ugh... lol Tracking is cheap, and not too time consuming except we have to do it in the early, early morning here and frankly I want to sleep in. However, we're probably going for our APr titles (O & P, no T) because of the hard-to-track resources we have here so I may just start sleeping in anyways. :p

YES on dock diving, but the closest place for me is probably Las Vegas lol.
You should come out here! I know Gary would be thrilled and we'll be happy to help you get started!

You two looked really good. I think that the more confidence YOU get the better you'll both go. You seem to be looking back for her a lot, making sure she's still there. The best thing I ever did for Psyche was to start TRUSTING her that she'd do it all and that she'd keep up (and get ahead! lol) and spent all of my time focusing on just RUNNING.

:) You two look so great though, and I'm really loving seeing agility videos. I'm jealous y'all can train outside. We still have snow.
I couldn't agree more about the lack of confidence I have in myself and her. :x Hopefully I can learn to let go a bit as time goes on and it will help us out a lot! Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

Very nice Sloan :)

Looks good...you seemed to keep up with her fine to me...
Thanks!

You two looks awesome! :) I felt the same way at herding this morning. We started doing outruns from my side instead of dog...me...sheep outruns. Totally through me for a loop on flank commands with the change in position since we were going fast!
Hahaha, thank you, herding is such a mystery to me still. I would love videos of your training some day. I'm super intrigued!

B

Blue_Dog

You guys look great, though I don't know much about agility either. It looks like so much fun, I would love to do it one day.

Red Chrome

You guys look awesome! I love that she is so into you, wanting to work with you! I can't wait to start agility in April!!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
You guys look awesome! I love that she is so into you, wanting to work with you! I can't wait to start agility in April!!
Thank you, you're going to be hooked in no time, it's a lot of fun!!

You guys looked awesome! Lol at your last comment though
Hahah yeah, thanks, Denis has flair for extra long videos and usually a bunch of silly commentary. I'm surprised he stayed quiet this time. :p

jenv101

Bite Club
Dock Dogs is *EXPENSIVE*. When I think of how much each wave costs compared to each run and how many you do in a day, ugh... lol Tracking is cheap, and not too time consuming except we have to do it in the early, early morning here and frankly I want to sleep in. However, we're probably going for our APr titles (O & P, no T) because of the hard-to-track resources we have here so I may just start sleeping in anyways. :p
Good to know about the price! I'll probably just try it out for fun this summer since I finally found somewhere for them to jump. If either of them show any super dog skills then maybe I will consider it for next year.

I hate getting up early too but it's a little easier for me during the spring and summer, so hopefully I can get my butt out of bed. Riley especially loves tracking so I'd like to get back into it.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I couldn't agree more about the lack of confidence I have in myself and her. :x Hopefully I can learn to let go a bit as time goes on and it will help us out a lot! Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.
It was really hard for Psyche and I too. What I really found that helped with Psyche was to do a really simple course (like, one change of direction) and just RAM. Her skill level seems plenty high enough to handle a course like that (;)) and that way you could just focus on RUNNING! :)

Members online

No members online now.