Collars that don't rub

JacksonsMom

I was looking at Meg's unused Paco collar, and it does seem really smooth there. I'm scared to order him one though, since he's even smaller than Meg, and I don't use hers because of how heavy it is. I wish there was a local place that carried their collars.
Jackson had a black leather Paco that was pretty stiff.... but the 3/4" tan leather is SOOO soft. His is actually 3/4" with the buckle tapered to 1/2" but, yeah, I was kind of worried about ordering him another because I wasn't extremely impressed with my first one. But the tan one he has now is by far the softest collar ever, I have no worries about leaving it on him all day, or even during the night (tho I typically always take any collar off him at night). Also not heavy at ALL. very lightweight.

BostonBanker

Jackson had a black leather Paco that was pretty stiff.... but the 3/4" tan leather is SOOO soft.
But tan would be so ugly on Gusto :( Was the black collar the same width? I wonder if they use lighter leather for the smaller sizes.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
But tan would be so ugly on Gusto :( Was the black collar the same width? I wonder if they use lighter leather for the smaller sizes.
Lizzie has a tan Paco and I really like the tan on her. It pops very well. And it darkens considerably as time passes.

Bailey08

The rolled collars worry me, because he definitely does not walk nicely on a leash all the time. He needs to be in a collar when I'm at work; my mother takes care of the dogs during the day, and her hands are too arthritic to get collar on and off easily. I do take it off in the evening and he sleeps without it on.
They worry you because you worry about strength? Grace is (still!) a crazy little scavenger on walks (stubborn teenage girl and as strong as a ~40 lb determined puppy can be), and I don't have any concerns about it holding up. And it's super lightweight. I also really don't like heavy hardware for my two.

I'm definitely not an expert, but I did quite like the people at the company I linked earlier (and braided matching leashes) are holding up well IMO.

Bailey has the Planet Dog hemp collar (and leash) and it is soft, but I didn't notice any positive changes in terms of his ruff hair breakage (he had to wear it all day when he was at daycare). Neither did I with the Ella's Lead satin lined collars. B doesn't have the best coat, though.

BostonBanker

They worry you because you worry about strength?
Oh, not the strength. He's a little guy, so barring a severe malfunction, I don't think collar strength will ever be a huge issue. I worry that they are so thin they will concentrate all the pressure in a small area if he hits the end of the leash hard.

I think I have one of the hemp collars floating around somewhere that I got for Meg at one point. I'll have to see if I can dig it up and see if it looks like it will help matters.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah I have soy collars. They are great and don't break the fur. They also dry quickly and seem to remain pretty comfortable while wet, which is important for Kim and Mira.

I also have two Nearly Naked Neckwear collars ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nearly-Naked-Neckwear/106947779377882 ) which very smooth and well stitched. I just got them but honestly can't imagine them rubbing. The stitching is flawless. I'll try to get pictures later today -- need to go meet up with MORE Spotty Dogs now :p

Members online

No members online now.