Could of been a DISASTER

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
For those of you who do know my pitty is a jumper in a big way. She will scale a 8 foot fence if given the chance. Well last night and dont ask me how but I heard her chain hit the concrete, I took off outside just as she jumps the 8 ft fence and I hear is she nice.... Oh I thought I said yes so the jogger with his wife and dog sat there till I could get my gate unlocked, of course it didnt want to work, well her collar outgrew her so my son bribbed her inside with some treats but not after she wanted to play with their dog and run a bit, we got her in and in the house, but it could of gone SO VERY WRONG. Good Nalla for being nice and gentle....

Ah Nala is so sweet!!

Read an article about pits about two weeks ago and it said they're very athletic. My sister owns a lab/pit mix who scales their six foot privacy fence with no problem. They put electric wire on top which keeps on of their other dogs in, now they're adding two feet of lattice to keep the Mandy the pit in...

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
She is getting fixed here as soon as she finishes her heat hoping that it will slow her metabolism down a bit and make her FAT :) Athletic I think is an understatment I should teach her to pull, I laugh and tell my grandson that this winter we will put a harness on her and let her pull him around in a sled. and of course he thought that was the best thing in the world next to his nana. She is a good dog, just way to much energy. Good girl though.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Yes! By all means, teach her to pull! My last dog was very high energy, so I got him into weight pull. He absolutely loved it. Pits are great pullers because they are so incredibly strong. In fact, weight pulling is usually an event at most pit bull shows. Start out very lightweight, and keep it that way until you're sure she's fully grown. You don't want to hurt her.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Thanks gem, she is full grown now 2 yrs in Nov. Wow time has gone by fast. She has some incredible muscles in your front quarters and ripples in her hind ones. She is just to funny she cracks me up.

M

Manchesters

Eerrrrrr....

MyDogsLoveMe said:
Thanks gem, she is full grown now 2 yrs in Nov. Wow time has gone by fast. She has some incredible muscles in your front quarters and ripples in her hind ones. She is just to funny she cracks me up.
I don't know how to break this to you, but she will not be full grown until 3 years of age at least. Some continue to mature out till 4 years old!!!! They do sell "no-jump" harnesses also. Glad nothing disasterous happened!

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Thanks Manchester I didnt realize that. I will check into the no jump harnesses. Thanks again on clarifying the mature age. As always welcome you info and everyone elses. To me she just seems mature.

bubbatd

I gather this was a link fence and she had on a chain collar......a big No No !! Hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right I know you'll change collars.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
She is on a cable leash and a colar since she chews her harness and there are other times where she has actually gotten off the cable leash (as if to say to me see call me Houdini) It is almost cold enough here now where they will stay indoors. Brrrr is only 62 here today :(

Members online