Noooooooo!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I went to my doctor for my symptoms of what I'm pretty sure is anxiety, just to make sure it's nothing physical, and....

.....he told me he wants me totally off caffeine within 2 weeks!! :eek::eek::eek:

I am SUCH a caffeine addict, at one point I was up to 2 Monsters a day in addition to a couple of 20 oz bottles of diet Mountain Dew. His reasons make sense--that for people who tend towards anxiety and have trouble sleeping caffeine just adds fuel to the fire.

Seriously, I think I'd rather quit smoking all over again than cease caffeine consumption.....

Lyzelle

Yep, I was supposed to teeter off the caffeine too. I finally managed to end my coffee addiction by switching to tea. (although now I am addicted to tea).

Monsters are heaven. I never drank much soda, but I did drink a lot of Monster. I knew I couldn't stop cold turkey, so I got the really big resealable cans. That way I could take one or two sips, but I wasn't obligated to actually finish the can in fear of wasting it.

Good luck!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yep... Brian has cut his caffiene almost completely out. Anytime he has caffiene he starts having anxiety issues. When he's off caffiene he has little to not symptoms :)

You can do it.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Oh well that wouldn't work for me lol
Seriously though, I am the opposite. When I have no caffeine (like today) my anxiety gets SO much worse. Like bad bad.
Now that Im drinking sweet tea, I am more relaxed. Earlier I could of killed someone.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Monsters were SO hard for me to cut out. I was so addicted to them. I'd get the resealable ones but still end up drinking the whole thing.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Monsters always made me super nervous too, as someone who has a kind of hyper personality, monsters, red bull, & that venom crap (we had an owner who got the stuff for free so he always brought a bunch of it out) & I did he hooked on those :/.

Have you tried the V-8 energy fruit/veg kergiggers? I use those now & I like them ... Though sometimes I drink coffee, but not more then 2 cups, it's more the taste then the addiction though it does. ... Uh .... Make me poop so I guess it stimulates something XD

Kilter

Cut back slowly, rather than cold turkey. Otherwise you will have a horrible headache.:yikes:

Saeleofu

Oh well that wouldn't work for me lol
Seriously though, I am the opposite. When I have no caffeine (like today) my anxiety gets SO much worse. Like bad bad.
Now that Im drinking sweet tea, I am more relaxed. Earlier I could of killed someone.
Tea relaxes me like no other. Seriously, tea makes EVERYTHING better lo, caffeine or not.

Taqroy

Totally off caffeine in TWO WEEKS seems a little unreasonable. Especially for how much you're taking in. I tapered down my caffeine intake almost a year ago because I was having bad anxiety. I went from three to four cups of coffee plus the occasional soda to one cup of coffee or one soda a day over...I think three weeks or so.

I wonder though - are you drinking so much caffeine because you're tired? I was stuck in that endless cycle of "so tired, must drink more caffeine" and then "omg so much caffeine, can't sleep". And breaking out of it suuuuuucked.

If your body is used to caffeine, yes, when you dont have it you will go through withdrawls and be snappy or more anxious, but its temporary. Once that passes having no caffeine definitely can help anxiety. I have gone to no caffeine off and on throughout my life and I think it really is easier to just go cold turkey (expecting a couple days of UGH) as just slowly tapering for me I find convenient excuses to continue.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Tea relaxes me like no other. Seriously, tea makes EVERYTHING better lo, caffeine or not.
So glad Im not alone on that lol.
Coffee doesn't do it for me anymore. I mean I'll have a cup a day or more recently a cup every other day.
But seriously, sweet tea is my weakness.
I am SO glad I do not like energy drinks. Monster, redbull, and water else they have now all remind me of cough syrup and instantly makes me gag and want to puke lol.

Members online

No members online now.