Cocker spaniel issues

Dogs6

Plus One
Can anyone tell me about any hereditery diseases in cocker spaniels esp goldens.
My friend is thinking of getting one and does not know alot:rolleyes:. that would be great if you could help thanks in advance:).

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
What is a golden cocker spaniel? Golden as in a buff cocker spaniel? Golden isn't a cocker colour.. or are we talking golden retriever x cocker cross?

Colour shouldn't equal any difference within the breed.

I'd want to see CERF testing on the parents, there are a load of eye issues, patellas checked, OFA suggests hips, though it's not as big a deal..

I want a breeder breeding for amazing temperaments as there are too many skeazy bybs breeding nasty dogs..

And I want to see titles.. even if its therapy dog certification and obedience titles as a minimum.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
No worries.. I figured, but thought I'd ask. It was possible we were talking golden crosses :)

Vaccine reactions are slowly becoming an issue.. I hear of a lot of allergies and endless ear infections.. I'd want few to none in the lines she's contemplating.

My 2 have each had an ear issue once in their lives. One got mites, the other a bacterial infection.

Members online