Eye injury/infection?

Hey everyone, I haven't been on in a long long time, was really busy.

Anyways Riley is doing good. However, today he is always scratching his eyes. He has a lot of dark yellow eye crud, its not dry and brownish like usual. And his eyes are red.

Any ideas on what is happening and how to treat it?

Brattina88

Do you have any plain artificial tears? They may just be irritated, dust, pollen, allergies, etc could possibly cause this. My vet told me that its okay to use artificial tears to flush the eye out / moisten it.
Dogs can get a form of pink eye, but usually green = infection. I know this suggestion gets repetitive (lol), but maybe call your vet and explain the symptoms and see what they think. ;)

I think if it doesn't go away in a day or so, or if it worsens you might want to take a trip to the vet.

Do you have any plain artificial tears? They may just be irritated, dust, pollen, allergies, etc could possibly cause this. My vet told me that its okay to use artificial tears to flush the eye out / moisten it.
Dogs can get a form of pink eye, but usually green = infection. I know this suggestion gets repetitive (lol), but maybe call your vet and explain the symptoms and see what they think. ;)

I think if it doesn't go away in a day or so, or if it worsens you might want to take a trip to the vet.
Alright thanks, is any eye drop fine or...

elegy

overdogged
i would take him to the vet. eyes are very delicate and i wouldn't mess around with them.

Update: The vet said he probably had a foreign object enter his eye. My guess would be the chihuahua that he was playing with, she always jumps and claws the face when they play. Anyways, he gave Riley a shot, some pills, and eye drops.

Hopefully it gets better and thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.