Would this be frustration barking?

Picklepaige

It's not a huge issue, but Finn has some behaviors that have been bothering me, and I figured I'd ask about them here. When we are in the car, Finn barks whenever we stop. When we go through a drive-thru, when we stop to get gas, when we're at a red light, he barks until we start moving again. It's not even when we're completely still; if we are on the highway or another "fast" road, if we get off onto a different road and have to go slower, he barks for a while until he "gets used" to that speed. And sometimes it's not even about the speed. If we take a wrong turn and turn around, he'll start barking, like he wanted to keep going the direction we were going.

He does the same thing when we go on walks (barks when we stop until we keep start walking again) and I know that's frustration barking, so would that apply in the car? He wants the car to keep going and gets frustrated when it stops?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia is that way. A lot of times... I think she's anticipating being ready to get out. If I slow down then OBVIOUSLY we're about there and I need to just let her out so she can have fun. She also knows (and Summer) certain roads by the house, the agility field, the park, etc and starts barking. I went thru a drive thru on sunday and she was doing this too.

Mia barks on walks if I stop too long. I think she gets annoyed that we're being boring.

Elrohwen

Mia is that way. A lot of times... I think she's anticipating being ready to get out. If I slow down then OBVIOUSLY we're about there and I need to just let her out so she can have fun.
Watson does this. He's mostly learned to stay quiet now, but every time I slow down or turn around he'll get all excited and look out the windows, hoping we've arrived.

I don't consider it frustration barking really - more like excitement barking.

Members online

No members online now.