what do you think she is?

adamnaubry

Verbena is now 17 wks old, weighs 12 lbs, and is a little over a foot tall. We were told that she is a chihuahua/boston mix. We aren't very confident that the lady told us the truth though. What do you guys think? Verbena picture

Adrienne

Hard to tell from that picture but I don't see any Boston in her at all if that is of any help. That is my next breed of choice for when I am older and can't handle the "big dogs".

adamnaubry

my parents have a boston terrier, they are excellent dogs, extremely smart. :) I still love Verbena even if the lady lied about the breed though.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She looks like she has some Chi in her, other than that I think you're going to have to wait until she gets a bit older and grows into her looks.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that particular marking seems to be what so many mixes go back to..like rock doves/pigeons that may have been fancy first generation but if allowed to breed at will go back to the grey double wing banded marking that we are use to.

I think you'll have to wait until she's around 1year old to get a true idea of what she's going to be because that's when she'll be fairly mature conformationally (although they're really not done growing until around 2years old). Whatever she is she's cute!!!!

whisper33

guess the breed

I would say she is Rottweiler/sheperad and Lab mix, based on the pics of 17 weeks she looks to be about 12-15lbs. and her paws are decent size, that would be my guess. I would say she will be mid size weighing about 50-60 lbs at maturity. She is growing rapidly!

I don't see Chi or Boston in her. And she seems too big to be those small breeds. And with those markings, I'd think shepherd, dobe, rotti, or something like that is in there. She's CUTE anyhow!!

Adrienne

I would say black lab/rottie or black lab/GSD now with the other pics posted. Just have to wait and see how big she gets!

Y

yuckaduck

She looks just like a pup we had once and is about the same size as he was. He was a german shepherd x border collie. I guess that.

We met the lady at a convenient place so I didn't get to see mother or father dog. That's why I'm suspicious about what the lady said she was. I'll keep you guys updated on how big she's getting. Her weight gain has slowed drastically though. She was gaining a pound a week... now its about every three or four weeks.

poeluvr

if i just saw the pic of ur little girl at 9 weeks ide say shes a rotweiler/lab..but her older pics really make me have no idea shes now too small and differnt looking to look like a rot/lab...cutie though!

ohmai

I don't think she can be a GSD/ lab mix or those medium to large breed dogs, because she is so small for 17wks. Weighing only at 15lbs? She does look like a rotti or dobe (face) like EliNHunter said, but probably with something smaller?

Members online

No members online now.