Chewing and Biting..

My pit bull puppy (8wks old) likes to bite and chew on toes and fingers.I know its playful, but her teeth are super sharp and they hurt.. not to mention its not a good habit for her to get into. i know she's teething or whatnot, but im trying to get her to stop.

Right now my fiance and i are trying two things..
When she bites and starts chewing on us we tell her "no!no!" and lightly tap her nose w/ our finger...
Or
We put our fingers in her mouth and say "easy"

So far, she's pretty determined to keep chewing.. :rolleyes:

First, don't put your fingers in her mouth. You're trying to teach her not to nibble on you and this will just confuse her. When she bites and chews on things she isn't supposed to - like your fingers - tell her no, then give her a toy that she CAN chew on. When she takes it and chews on it instead, praise her to the skies. You've got to be consistent; that's the most important part of the whole process.

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi

hi what my mum done to our dog when he was a pupy was everytime he nibbled me or mum or anyone else we used to give him a teddy or something really chewy which kept him busy and that worked really well!!! i hope what i said might help you :D :D

Members online

No members online now.