The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. "shadows" in the room seem to be the main cause for concern when she is awake or wakes during the night and trying to explain that it's just her toys doesn't matter when you are young, scared, and have a vivid imagination. I'll have to look into that.
Yeah, the red light (just a regular bulb...I think mine's 40 watt) will make it so she can actually see everything, in detail. No more scary shadows.

Also, "I don't remember" can mean "I remember but I don't want to talk about it." That's what it meant when I was a kid.

Lyzelle

Woke up in a horrible mood today. Took me laying in bed agitated for 20 minutes, huffing and puffing through getting dressed, mean mugging everyone on the way to the kitchen and halfway through a cup of coffee before I spyed everyone outside smoking and had a realization that is what was happening. I wanted a smoke. WTF. Smoking thing is new to me.

But it is definitely what is causing the infection in my tonsils. Sigh.

xpaeanx

Sometimes I'm d*mn positive my family is bound and determined to make me fail... They have succeeded in the past, but this time I am bound an determined to not let that happen again... The whole getting there thing is just frustrating though.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Tonight is "two moon" night. Where mars will pass close enough to earth so that it will look like there are two moons in the sky, it's never happened in humanities time on earth, won't happen again for another 200 some-odd years.

& what is it outside now? Cloudy ... ****ing CLOUDY ... ****! :wall:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat

Zoom

Twin 2.0

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I feel like **** today and ended up having to stay home from work.

I don't want to be here. I'm so miserable living in this area and want to get as far away from people as possible. Seriously need to live in the country somewhere or up in the mountains... somewhere I can think... somewhere I don't feel rushed every **** day. My anxiety has gotten SO bad since we moved back here... to the point where we have talked seriously about an SD dog or training Cricket to be an SD dog. I have dermatillomania where I pick at my skin constantly and it's always my **** face... if I don't cover my face with makeup I look horrible... especially my chin and throat. People keep telling me to stop picking at myself, but it just isn't that simple and I don't know how to make people understand that. So frustrating. I need to get the hell away from here. I really think living out in the country more will do wonders for my anxiety... just a hunch.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah, the red light (just a regular bulb...I think mine's 40 watt) will make it so she can actually see everything, in detail. No more scary shadows.

Also, "I don't remember" can mean "I remember but I don't want to talk about it." That's what it meant when I was a kid.
Well that is good to know.

I would agree about the "I don't know" means "I don't want to talk about it" as I was the same way BUT Hannah is a talker... About everything. That's how she works through... EVERYTHING lol

And my little brother used to have night terrors with no recollection once he woke up. I'm not saying she is having night terrors, certainly not like my brother did but I do believe she doesn't remember.

She did tell me last night that she was scared that bad people would come in the dark. I just tried to reassure her that Beezer is always on the lookout for bad people and that he would bark, etc. she tried to talk him into sleeping with her but he likes to sleep out near the door. I think that would have helped if he would have stayed with her lol

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Only took a week and two bites to Charlie's tail to realize why Hazard is such a naughty boy at home. Le sigh...

He goes in to be neutered tomorrow and will be up for adoption on Saturday. Though I will miss him, and he'll definitely will need a certain home, but I hope he's adopted quickly.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Money stresses me out. Bah.

Budgeting = good. Knowing how much I am spending = good. But now I'm all like 'omg, I will have NOTHING while I save this last bit for the down payment'. And then realizing I'm poor compared to my friends since they have 2 incomes and I have one. Shouldn't feel bad about it and I don't want to spend $1000 on a designer purse but dang... Everyone's buying all this big stuff like multiple vacations and a new house and I feel.... poor. Then I feel like a failure and think I should go back to school and get that 6 figure income but I really feel like going back to school would make me kinda miserable. And I'm finally getting to where I like my life and have friends again and things to do. Plus, I like my paychecks and insurance and all that and there's no way to stay at work and do school for the majors I'd be looking at. Why did I not think about salary when I chose my major? Why is everything so expensive? I spend $250 a month just on gas. Ack.

I'm also stressing about Mia's knees and my health and stress is bad, right? Not going to help me get healthier.

I need wine but I have none.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I'm giving my two weeks at the fire protection place tomorrow.

And I feel bad. Whyyyy? Why do I always feel bad when I leave a job?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
For some reason all day today I kept thinking that tomorrow is Thursday. I wish, because even though the week just started I'm already ready for a day off lol. But I felt completely stupid when I was setting up an appointment today, and the woman wanted to know what we had open tomorrow afternoon and I proceeded to look at Thursday's schedule and set up a time for her based off that. :rolleyes: Thankfully the time I scheduled her for IS available for tomorrow so I didn't have to call her back and admit my stupidity lol.

And at our staff meeting today, we were focusing on learning how to assess body fat index and other weight management thingies. We were supposed to bring our pets in for some hands on learning and so we could compare our thoughts with others. I brought Juno in as an example of ideal, and Lucy for an example of just-a-little-chubby. One of the vets gave Juno a score of 6/9 (a little more covering over her ribs than necessary; 5/9 is ideal) and now I'm convinced my dog is a tub of lard. :eek:

SpringerLover

And at our staff meeting today, we were focusing on learning how to assess body fat index and other weight management thingies. We were supposed to bring our pets in for some hands on learning and so we could compare our thoughts with others. I brought Juno in as an example of ideal, and Lucy for an example of just-a-little-chubby. One of the vets gave Juno a score of 6/9 (a little more covering over her ribs than necessary; 5/9 is ideal) and now I'm convinced my dog is a tub of lard. :eek:
We get so many dogs in whose owners say "But my vet says he/she's at a great weight...!" And we get to tell them that poking to feel ribs does not mean the dog is at a good weight. There is often mass confusion. Saying that, we do differentiate between good "sport" weight and good "pet" weight.

xpaeanx

Money stresses me out. Bah.

Budgeting = good. Knowing how much I am spending = good. But now I'm all like 'omg, I will have NOTHING while I save this last bit for the down payment'. And then realizing I'm poor compared to my friends since they have 2 incomes and I have one. Shouldn't feel bad about it and I don't want to spend $1000 on a designer purse but dang... Everyone's buying all this big stuff like multiple vacations and a new house and I feel.... poor. Then I feel like a failure and think I should go back to school and get that 6 figure income but I really feel like going back to school would make me kinda miserable. And I'm finally getting to where I like my life and have friends again and things to do. Plus, I like my paychecks and insurance and all that and there's no way to stay at work and do school for the majors I'd be looking at. Why did I not think about salary when I chose my major? Why is everything so expensive? I spend $250 a month just on gas. Ack.

I'm also stressing about Mia's knees and my health and stress is bad, right? Not going to help me get healthier.

I need wine but I have none.
So I just wrote a whole post in response to this and then my phone ate it... And I have to get to class now so..... Summing up:

"You are being successful independently. You are not leaning on another person to take up slack. You are buying a house ON YOUR OWN! You need to feel super proud of yourself!"

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My bad

I'm sure it's not the case. They just had to end the summer season on a cliffhanger. Just like when they showed someone else that shall not be mentioned as A... And then they weren't.

I mean... It doesn't make any sense

GipsyQueen

My bad

I'm sure it's not the case. They just had to end the summer season on a cliffhanger. Just like when they showed someone else that shall not be mentioned as A... And then they weren't.

I mean... It doesn't make any sense
Im so confused by youre last two posts lol I have absolutely no idea what show you're talking about :p

Members online