New BC Puppy! Name Suggestions?

MollyD

Hello everyone!

I just picked up my 8 week old BC puppy on Thursday. He has been terrific so far, very sweet and mellow. We've already taught him sit, down, and come using clicker training. Took to raw feeding like a champ and has only had a few accidents.

The only problem is he still doesn't have a name! Just can't seem to decide on one for the little guy. The mom is RedTop Pi and dad is Red Creek Doc. We were thinking about Luke, Joey, Riley, Sam, etc. but none of them seem to "fit" like our other dogs. Never had this much trouble before!

Any suggestions? :)

mrose_s

BusterLove
He's so cute. He'll fit in well here, Chaz is crawling with BC's.

Billy, Austin (Oz or Ozzy for short?), Turk, Jock, Robbie, Sully, Jack, Mack, Max. ?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ahhh, he's cute! It's almost like he has a little heart on his head. <3 Maybe "Sampson?" Kind of like Sam but a bit different...

Barb04

Super Moderator
When you said this is so much trouble figuring out a name, it came to me.

Name him: Trouble

SaraB

The marking on his head almost looks like a flame, you could use that for a theme: Flash, Blaze, Flame, Torch, Coal, Spark...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
You should name him Zippo!!
Such an adorable puppy and I'm sure the right name will come to you :)

MollyD

Thanks everyone! I think we've decided on Riley. He's such a smart little boy, I got so lucky with him! I try to take him to someplace new everyday and have him meet different people. We've already been to the vet, Farmer's Market, neighbor's, local high school, and family owned pet store. He loves meeting new people and performing his tricks!

I'm hoping to do obedience and agility with him when he's older. What do you think are the most important commands to work with him now as a puppy? We've been repeating sit, down, and come over and over until he'll come from across the backyard. We'll also enroll in puppy class sometime this week. I want to start him out right! :)

elegy

overdogged
He's lovely! My Steve has Red Top dogs behind him, but it doesn't look like they're actually related.

Riley is a great name.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Oh my goodness, he is adorable!!! ^.^ What a sweet, fluffy, flashy little BC boy. He has the sweetest expression... please post more pictures & updates as he grows up. I looove his sire!

I think he looks like a Kai. And it rhymes with Mom's name, and means "ocean".

RD

Are you dead yet?
Gah! What a terrific looking puppy. I'm jealous of you.

Members online

No members online now.