RIP Jesse James

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
I didn't post about him a lot here, but I wanted to let everyone know that my little mate, Jesse James, passed away this morning. :(
He was 17yrs old and had been with me since he was about 5 when I adopted him from a shelter. He was my best friend and will be missed terribly.
He had a lot of health problems this past couple of years, but he was a stubborn old man and refused to let them get him down. Sadly, his little heart just couldn't take it anymore. I'm glad he was at home when he passed and that he was curled up in his warm bed.

Goodbye my sweet little Chi. Jesse, I'll always love you with all my heart.

Cass.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
OMG! Cass, I know you from GP as well and I am so, so, sorry to hear about your beloved little angel!!! I always loved hearing stories of him and seeing pics. He just looked like he had so much personality. Cass, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your little man and hope you stay strong through this tough time. I am in tears thinking about him like I had known him for years...Big hugs to you my friend (((HUGS))) and RIP my little angel Jesse James. Watch over your momma from the heavens and be her little angel in the sky.
God Bless Cass and take care, we are here if you need us....................

Giny

Oh no! I'm so sorry Cass! I know how much that little man meant to you. I'll always remember how much he loved Reese's Pieces candy.

RIP little guy! :(

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Shan, Giny...Thankyou both so much. It really means a lot to me to know he was loved by so many. :) Just hearing from you guys makes me feel better.
Giny...you made me laugh, thankyou. :) He did love Reese's pieces. I'll always smile when I eat them now.

He's going to be cremated, so I can keep him with me forever.

Cass.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I am so sorry, Cassie:( I always loved reading about Jesse in your posts, and seeing his pictures. He lived a long, great life (and I only hope that my chis live that long as well). He seemed like such a strong little guy who loved life, and he is so lucky that you rescued him.

I loved the pictures of him eating the Vegemite... they made me laugh.

RIP, Jesse James.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. RIP sweet little Jessie James. You will be welcomed by many other beloved pets as you walk across that bridge. So very sorry Cassie.

Cassie . . . I'm so sad with you . . . You know, you rescued him when he was five - and he lived with you until he was 17; you really did give him a second life. The twelve years the two of you share is a lifetime :) He's never truly left you as long as you have those memories to look back at and smile. I love seeing his sweet little white fuzzy face at the bottom of your posts.

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Thankyou all so much. I appreciate your kind words more than you'll know. :) I dropped Jesse into the vets today. They're organising the cremation and said he should be back with me in about a week.
I feel so much better knowing other people enjoyed him and will miss him, and also because I know he'll be back with me soon. I just wish it was to snuggle up on the couch with me. But you're right, he'll always be alive in my heart and his memories will live on...brighter then most, as he was loved by so many. :)

Cass.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Jesse will be in your heart and memories forever. He was loved by you and gave as much love back to you. Remember all the good times you had with him. Jesse is now with all of our loved ones.

Being very outspoken about my love for giant breeds, I must admit, Jesse's picture in your signature always caught my eye. What a cute little guy he was, and I know his loss has left a huge hole in your heart. You have my deepest sympathies during this difficult time. May time grant you the peace you so need, and Jesse's memories grant you some comfort to get through this. :(

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm sorry to hear this! He was always a cute little guy to look at and he will be very missed.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm so sorry for your loss, Cass. I loved seeing his pictures and hearing about him as well. He was a wonderful little guy and he lived a long life with you filled with care and love. 17 years is a long, full life. I'm so happy he got to spend those 12 years with you.
RIP sweet Jesse James.

SeniorPetLover

Rescue Ranger
You are in my thoughts and prayers and I share in your pain...from his photos, he looks like he had a beautiful spirit and I'm sure that he valued each and every day that he had with you...I hope that you can find comfort in the wonderful, long life that you had together and I hope you smile when you think of him restored to his youthful self and playing with all of his friends...I know that he is in good company and I know that he will never be far from you. Bless you for giving him 12 wonderful years and showing him what love is all about. The fact that his passing leaves you sad is only proof of the great love that you had for each other. I know how much he will be missed.

I'm so sorry to hear that your dear, sweet little man passed. I've often sat and stared at his picture when sifting through posts, what a darling little mug he had. He was so handsome..just darling.
17 years.... now THAT'S a testament to your love and good care and I'm glad that he was home with you and cozy in his little bed until it was time to say goodbye.
RIP wee one, you were one very loved Chi.
(((((((hugs))))))) Cas..

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
((((hugs))))
I loved the vid, Cass. What a sweet tribute to a special little guy. :) It made me tear up but also smile at his sweet face and radiating personality. :)

Kase

I'm so very sorry for your loss. The video was beautiful, Jesse James had a long happy life with you and the pictures prove it. RIP sweet boy. (((HUGS))

Members online