Dozer and the Swan!!!

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Lol I had to share this "experience" my dad and I had with Dozer at the dog park on Saterday.

So as some of you may know I took Maggie May and spent the weekend at my dads. Luckily my ex step mom has realized it wasent alright to take my dog and has given him back. So my dad and I decided we would take Dozer and Maggie May to the dog park which also has hiking trails. It was rainy and wet but we had rain coats and all that good stuff and really did keep dry. So we walked around for awhile and then let those two play in the park loose. Since there were no other dogs there I felt confident there would be no drama. I will have to make a seperate post about that lol.

So we both got pretty cold and decided we would walk back to the car. Of course Dozer and Maggie airn't phased at all and are just loving the whole park experience. So on the way back to the car is a big pond full of geese, ducks, and two swans. Well I have always been taught to NEVER mess with Swans EVER. I have even been chased by a couple :eek: . So we're walking by the pond and Dozer is on a retractable leash (I know I know I don't like them either!). Now mind you this dog has never swam in his life. He hates baths but he does LOVE puddles. But every other time we have come to this park he has avoided the water at all costs. Well this time Dozer spots the Swan or in Dozer speak "That weird looking white dog" lol and decides its time to play! So Dozer goes bounding into the water doing this weird play bounce on his hind legs and slapping his front legs in the water. You know kinda like little kids do in the bath? This whole time the Swan thankfully is keeping its distance but also hissing. And both my dad and I are in shock that Dozer is in the water!

So then I called Dozer back and we walked a few feet. Well Dozer decided he wasent done visiting that "Weird looking white dog" lol and decides to hop back in the pond. But this time he walks a foot out and all of a sudden Dozer is under water! The pond wasent even and had a weird drop off! But he popped right back up and doggy paddled back to shore. He was fine though he didn't try and visit his friend the swan again. Though the Swan its self swam along side the shore until we walked away from the pond area lol.

Anyways just felt like sharing lol. And thats why we call him "Dozer the dumb butt dog" :p .

Members online