Girly Stuff

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Oddly, I measured myself this weekend using things linked on the Reddit thread and came up with 32D. I don't believe it. I found some cheap, cute bras online, but no way am I going to buy them without trying one on. Because I REALLY don't believe it. Nope.
I haven't gone anywhere to look yet. We have a bra boutique in town but it's really expensive...
There's a picture somewhere on Reddit of women in their bras with sizes labelled and Ds aren't really *that* big - not as big as some people think anyway. I'll see if I can find it later.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I can never, & I mean never find my Bra size. I think I might 28D. But it might be smaller, actually I think it is.

Paige

Let it be
I have the other issue. My boobs went from 34H's when nursing now back to their pre nursing size at 32Bs...

WHERE ARE MY BOOBS AT?:(

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oddly, I measured myself this weekend using things linked on the Reddit thread and came up with 32D. I don't believe it. I found some cheap, cute bras online, but no way am I going to buy them without trying one on. Because I REALLY don't believe it. Nope.
I haven't gone anywhere to look yet. We have a bra boutique in town but it's really expensive...
I'd been buying 34 C/D cups for YEARS. Went to a little boutique shop, got measured by someone who actually knew what they were doing versus the high schoolers at VS and turns out I'm a 32E. o_O My bras are so much more comfortable now!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm a 30E/32DD - I was wearing a 34D, so the same proportion, but the band never sat right. It might be worth going to the boutique to try some bras on, even if you aren't going to buy one.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
There's a picture somewhere on Reddit of women in their bras with sizes labelled and Ds aren't really *that* big - not as big as some people think anyway. I'll see if I can find it later.
The cup size isn't a measure of how big the breast is exactly, just in comparison to the back size. But I've been wearing 32-34A for years, I MIGHT measure into a 32B... I've tried on C cups before and they're ridiculous. A D cup supposedly means there's a four inch difference between my back size and breasts. I saw the measurements on the tape, I did it myself... but I just don't see how it's possible. x_x

My bras aren't uncomfortable at all and never have been, but they are worn out and need replaced. With all the talk about "PROPER MEASUREMENT" I thought I'd give it a try but... yeah. I'm just not sure. I could go to the boutique but I would feel bad taking up their time knowing I wasn't going to buy their $60 bra. =P

Paviche

Duuuuude.
The cup size isn't a measure of how big the breast is exactly, just in comparison to the back size. But I've been wearing 32-34A for years, I MIGHT measure into a 32B... I've tried on C cups before and they're ridiculous. A D cup supposedly means there's a four inch difference between my back size and breasts. I saw the measurements on the tape, I did it myself... but I just don't see how it's possible. x_x

My bras aren't uncomfortable at all and never have been, but they are worn out and need replaced. With all the talk about "PROPER MEASUREMENT" I thought I'd give it a try but... yeah. I'm just not sure. I could go to the boutique but I would feel bad taking up their time knowing I wasn't going to buy their $60 bra. =P
Ahhh, then if you've actually tried them on (or sizes smaller!) and it's not a fit then that's different... sorry for jumping to conclusions, haha.

For anyone interested here's the visual chart (NSFW, not erotic just some nipples showing through the sheer bras) http://i.imgur.com/z9PGMnP.jpg?1

Before I gained back the weight I had lost, I was a 38G. It came up in a conversation with a coworker who could not *believe* I wore a G, like it was reserved for the women who get crazy unrealistic breast implants. I learned my lesson and never brought it up again!

Paige

Let it be
The nice thing about my new littler boobs is going bra less is awesome. They just chill and do there thing.

milos_mommy

I used that reddit thing to measure, and it measured a 32DD. My boobs aren't huge by any means (I've worn a C cup for a long time), but the DD fits perfectly.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Just found this on D+ Bra sizes:
1. The bra size of an average American woman has increased from 36 C to 36DD over the last decade
2. Manufacturers have standardized cup sizing for A, B, and C cups but not D and above
3. Women with cup sizes D and larger find manufacturers don’t call the same cup size by the same letters
4. Many women D+ and above, are wearing the wrong bra size and cup size
5. D+ Cup women often buy the same bra across all bra lines limiting their choices and ending up with ill-fitting bras

Kinda interesting.
It was on a "universal bra size" since as it mentioned in point 2 that there's no standardization above a C. I've only heard of this universal stuff on a few websites. But I guess instead of being a "32DD" it's now "32D2"
Dunno if that will ever actually take off, but it's sort of interesting.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Just found this on D+ Bra sizes:
1. The bra size of an average American woman has increased from 36 C to 36DD over the last decade
2. Manufacturers have standardized cup sizing for A, B, and C cups but not D and above
3. Women with cup sizes D and larger find manufacturers don’t call the same cup size by the same letters
4. Many women D+ and above, are wearing the wrong bra size and cup size
5. D+ Cup women often buy the same bra across all bra lines limiting their choices and ending up with ill-fitting bras

Kinda interesting.
It was on a "universal bra size" since as it mentioned in point 2 that there's no standardization above a C. I've only heard of this universal stuff on a few websites. But I guess instead of being a "32DD" it's now "32D2"
Dunno if that will ever actually take off, but it's sort of interesting.
The bolded is why I've started buying all of my bras from the UK. Their sizes are far closer to being universal than North America, plus they have a much wider range of bras available for larger bust sizes. I wore a DDD for years and my boobs puffed out of them and I had no idea what to do, as I couldn't afford $100+ per bra for the bigger guys at bra boutiques.

brastop.com saved my life. I'm a 36H and can get 4-5 CUTE bras on sales for under $100.

Taqroy

Before I gained back the weight I had lost, I was a 38G. It came up in a conversation with a coworker who could not *believe* I wore a G, like it was reserved for the women who get crazy unrealistic breast implants. I learned my lesson and never brought it up again!
Yeaaaah I'm a 36G right now because of nursing. I'm really really hoping they go back down to the 36E I was pre-baby. Or smaller. I'd love to be a C again.

I hate telling people though, they inevitably say something dumb like "OMG YOUR BOOBS ARE HUGE". Orly? I didn't notice, thanks EVER so for pointing out something that I'm actually a bit sensitive about. No, not everyone wants gigantic breasts, thanks.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The nice thing about my new littler boobs is going bra less is awesome. They just chill and do there thing.
I wish I could get away with going bra-less! I have to wear padded bras because my nipples are chronically perky and you can see them through EVERYTHING unless I have some kind of padding in the way. I even have to buy padded sports bras. Ughhhhhhhh. How is that fair?? I have tiny boobs and shouldn't even need a bra BUT I STILL NEED A BRA.
Unfair. >=|

FG167

I wish I could get away with going bra-less! I have to wear padded bras because my nipples are chronically perky and you can see them through EVERYTHING unless I have some kind of padding in the way. I even have to buy padded sports bras. Ughhhhhhhh. How is that fair?? I have tiny boobs and shouldn't even need a bra BUT I STILL NEED A BRA.
Unfair. >=|
OMG me too! I felt like I was the only one!

brastop.com saved my life. I'm a 36H and can get 4-5 CUTE bras on sales for under $100.
Will have to check them out because buying bras is brutal! I can't even get anything bigger then a DDD in town, they stopped carrying the ones that went up to H, at least H I could get away with, sort off, they were only 3 sizes too small, but sort of worked.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Will have to check them out because buying bras is brutal! I can't even get anything bigger then a DDD in town, they stopped carrying the ones that went up to H, at least H I could get away with, sort off, they were only 3 sizes too small, but sort of worked.
Check them out definitely! They have an incredible return policy too. I had two in the past that didn't fit correctly, and it was no hassle to send them back.

Members online

No members online now.