Lisa lost her first tooth today... she's 4.5!

Fran27

I still can't believe it. I noticed a month ago that one of her front teeth had been messed up, it was all sideways, and I don't remember her falling or getting hurt or crying over tooth pain... Today I checked again and it seemed worse... I started to worry a bit about it, then this afternoon she just handed me the tooth saying it had fallen.

I didn't expect to freak out so much, lol. At first I was wondering what she did to her teeth, but I'm guessing her permanent tooth (which I can't see) pushed it. She's not in pain or anything, so I'm guessing it's the only reasonable explanation. I googled it and apparently it's not uncommon for kids to lose their first tooth at this age, but I still can't quite wrap my head around it. She's still my baby, lol.

We put it in a ziploc bag under her pillow and she asked how the faerie is going to get inside. Gotta love 4 year olds. I kinda wish hubby hadn't mentioned that teeth go under the pillow, but rather on the dresser instead. I'm just hoping he's not going to wake her up... what's the going rate anyway?

ACooper

LOL @ the going rate :D

We always told our kids the fairy liked, and paid MORE for sparkling clean fresh teeth, that of course made them want to brush better, LOL

I think 'the going rate' is pretty much set house to house.......I know some get a quarter, some a couple quarters, and some even a dollar per tooth! Just whatever you are comfortable with.

If I remember correctly, we handed out 2 quarters a tooth :) Seems a little cheap nowadays though......maybe a crisp dollar bill would be more exciting? LOL

ACooper

$50 per tooth! SERIOUSLY?! HOLY COW!! I'm almost willing to yank mine out for that much! :rofl1:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I always got like $5 and some change.

My mom kept all our teeth. I found them once, its how I found out about the tooth fairy not existing. So gross.

yoko

$50 per tooth! SERIOUSLY?! HOLY COW!! I'm almost willing to yank mine out for that much! :rofl1:
I know someone who does $25 a tooth... My tooth fairy was a cheapo -.-

But seriously at that age I don't see why $1-$2 wouldn't cut it. That's enough for a candy/cheap treat.

Grab

We aren't going to do the tooth fairy, but we'll get him a little toy, etc each time when that time comes :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah a girl at te preschool where I work lost her first tooth a couple weeks ago. Now hannah is obsessed about losing her first tooth lol

No idea on the going rate but $1 should do. Hannah loves getting $1 to take to the dollar store to pick out anything she wants (she almost always picks cups LOL she is an oddball)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
My niece (5) also lost a tooth today, it's been loose for awhile, but extra wiggly the last few days. I hear the tooth fairy is leaving a $5 bill under her pillow.

Doberluv

I use to get a dime under my pillow, wrapped in a Kleenex. My kids....hmmm, I'll have to ask them. I don't remember what the tooth fairy gave them...probably a dime too, maybe a quarter. It's suppose to be a little token, isn't it? Just something fun? Or has it come to expectations of a 401K plan these days?

GipsyQueen

I got a dollar? ^^

I lost my first tooth at 4.5 too though. :) In kindergarden, I remember there being alot of blood. :eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I gave a dollar or two for Hyia's. Teeth that had to be extracted got extra if it was a dentist ordeal

There's a tooth fairy calculator app to tell you how much you should give your kid per tooth according to your gender, age, state, and income level. It's gives you the average that your peers pay their children.

darkchild16

We are Home.
a tooth fairy app?!?! your kidding me right?

My guys will get a buck or two once they start losing them.

Im so not ready for them to start losing teeth LOL

ETA: I found a website that works off the app.
http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/calculators/calculate/toothfairy.php

Apparently Jeremy if he made 75k a year should pay 3.00
Me at 25K should give 5.

Thats our ages, high school and those income limits. WITH college its less per tooth and graduate school even less.

How does THAT add up? You make less but you pay more?!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
a tooth fairy app?!?! your kidding me right?

My guys will get a buck or two once they start losing them.

Im so not ready for them to start losing teeth LOL

ETA: I found a website that works off the app.
http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/calculators/calculate/toothfairy.php

Apparently Jeremy if he made 75k a year should pay 3.00
Me at 25K should give 5.

Thats our ages, high school and those income limits. WITH college its less per tooth and graduate school even less.

How does THAT add up? You make less but you pay more?!
Doing your age, with college education, I got $3 per tooth :p And that was pretending I live in NY

darkchild16

We are Home.
For 24 under 25 k and high school in NY I got 3 but the same person in GA paid 5.

BUT 30, GS, 75k gives 2 dollars.

Explain that one.

We have less but should pay more per tooth according to that.

Lol, I know. I got a kick out of it. Didn't make any sense to me either. I just heard about it recently and this thread reminded me of it. She asked how much she should pay so I thought I'd offer it up, lol. It says we should do $3. The older you get the cheaper it seems to get.

Members online

No members online now.