Chaz Camping Trip

milos_mommy

So, I recently went camping for the first time ever.

And...it was AWESOME. There were a couple of dogs there, and I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a mass Chaz camping trip. I'd of course, like to do it ASAP, but I think we'd need to give pretty good notice and also do it when the weather is warm.

I went in PA at a really great state park (Weiser State Park), but if we could find a similar state park anywhere from about Virginia up to Maine I could probably swing it....DC area has a ton of us, plus it's warmer, but maybe some Canadians could come to one further north? Or, if we did do it in PA, it would be central to our Ohio group and stuff...

We could also even carpool, if people don't drive or even to save on gas/whatever, we could figure out who is driving through where and who they could pick up.

Saeleofu

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Not sure I could make it to one that far east, but there's nothing to stop us from doing multiple ones in different areas.

I've seen carpooling work well for non-dog events (and dog events that are just for the day), but for me if I'm bringing dogs and camping gear, my car will be stuffed already.

milos_mommy

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Not sure I could make it to one that far east, but there's nothing to stop us from doing multiple ones in different areas.

I've seen carpooling work well for non-dog events (and dog events that are just for the day), but for me if I'm bringing dogs and camping gear, my car will be stuffed already.
Yeah, I was hoping if we did one it would inspire other areas...and it would also be cool if we could organize a few for the same weekend and then kind of compare :p

I guess it depends on individual cars and stuff...I would probably not be bringing a dog, and if a friend and I took the jeep, I could easily fit one person and one dog + their gear. Plus my parents have a roof rack storage container thing, and if we borrowed that, could easily fit 2 people + 2 large dogs or more.

milos_mommy

Renee, I couldn't find a Cave Springs National Park in VA on google maps...do you have any links to their site or anything?

milos_mommy

Maybe we should pick a number of campsites and vote?

I'm also thinking it's probably too late to do this for this year, does anyone know anything about camping in the mid-atlantic region in early October? And would anyone be able to do it on such short notice?

Brattina88

LOVE the idea! :) I weekend thing would be perfect for us & traveling ;) Camping is just <3
Although I'm now camperless so I'd have to tent it :p

Nothing wrong with tenting or truck camping :D

I need to locate what camping gear my dad didn't leave out or otherwise manage to get rid of to keep my mom from wanting to go camping :rolleyes: I've been dealing with passive aggression my whole life, lol. :wall:

milos_mommy

I'd be in a tent, too. I'm going to try to figure some stuff out but if we could do this in early October that would be really cool. It's sort of a far drive for me (10 hrs) for just the weekend, though...I could probably skip a class or two in order to go. What dates would people be open to?

I think it would be a blast but I've just got no transportation sooooo kinda puts me out of the running.

Members online

No members online now.