Choice boyz @ 12 months of age

R

RedyreRottweilers

These photos were taken by a professional photographer at the dog show this past weekend.

Milton, while he did no winning, showed well for me. Milt needs to learn how to show himself while standing in the ring. I am not rushing him, as I want him to have fun in the ring each time.

The movement shot speaks for itself. I believe in the long run, he will be the better dog of the 2. Milton was 2 out of 2 on Thurs., and 4 out of 4 on Saturday. I am still pleased as punch with this puppy no matter what. :D

R

RedyreRottweilers

Mike did better in the ring than Milty did. Friday Mike and I won a nice class of 3 dogs. Both other dogs were over a year older than Mikey.

On Sunday we were second to a very nice young dog who is Mike's age, and beat the same 2 dogs we competed against on Friday.

Here are some shots from the day.

Kayota

Wouldn't the super dark face point on the first dog be faulted a little, just out of curiosity? I really know nothing about Rotts so correct me if I'm wrong XD

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I dont know why people always question you when you post pics :rolleyes:

They look GREAT red :D :D

cant believe its been a year already

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Color is secondary to good structure. He could be a little brighter, but LOOK AT THAT DOG! :D

R

RedyreRottweilers

YES, it is a fault. :D They all have faults. He is not quite so dark as he appears to be in the movement shot.

You can see on the head shot that the markings are present, but of a VERY deep color. The deep rich coloring and small marking are desireable. The black hairs, or sootiness, mixed in, is not.

I did not take offense to Kayota's reply, I think she is just curious. :D

Kayota

Oooh. Well he is beautiful nonetheless :) I'm not questioning anybody's pictures, I really was just wondering. I'm still learning about different breeds here, shepherds are my primary knowledge [though even with them I don't know all the faults, but DO know what I like in a shepherd] :)

S

Squishy22

Ooooh!! HANDSOME!

First birth day is always exciting.

As for his markings, I can clearly see them. Just a little darker than usual, and I actually really like it. I too have been curious about darker markings, and not just with this particular rottie either. I've seen many other rotties with dark markings also. I see nothing wrong with asking questions about a breeds written standard. You've got to learn some how!! :)

Red, congrats on their one year b-day. Hopefully updates will keep coming years from now. ;)

R

RedyreRottweilers

A couple more.

Milton waiting to go in the ring....

Milton on the down and back. Notice he is suspended.....

Kayota

I honestly think the black markings on Milton's toes are beautiful, fault or not. :D I do that... I think blue GSDs and lemon spotted Dals are pretty, too. o_O And once I saw a pic of a CHOCOLATE Rottweiler. O_O

I dont think toe penciling or tarheels are considered a fault in the rotweiler breed..Correct me if I'm wrong Red. Rotties and Dobes have a bi-color pattern, resulting in those type of markings.

They are gorgeous examples of the breed, and I LOVE Milton's dark face :D

R

RedyreRottweilers

I don't know what Tarheels are, except for the UNC athletic teams. LOL

But yes, a dog can have too much penciling on the toes, or sootiness in markings. You can see the little veil of sootiness on the front of Milton's pasterns. That should not be there, and the penciling on his toes, while called for in the standard, is a lot.

The only indication when he was younger that he might go a little sooty was heavy penciling on the toes, and smaller markings on the face and muzzle.

5 weeks

6 weeks

8 weeks

Members online

No members online now.