Joey's vet visit-Round 3-the discovery

Well, I took Joey in again today because he was still throwing up this weekend. He decided to do a barium x-ray study to see if there was a blockage. So when the first x-ray was done the vet, vet tech, and myself went to look at it in the dark room. He lit it up and wouldn't you know.....a little ring shaped coil showed up in his stomach. The little brat ate a key ring!! Well, that's what we think it is anyway.:rolleyes: My vet is booked for the next three days so he's referring me to another vet who happens to have an endoscope. Hopefully he'll be able to pull it out with that, but if not, he'll do Joey's surgery to remove the keyring. So everyone please send good thoughts to Joey for tomorrow morning. I'm hoping he'll just pull it out with the endoscope. I'm just glad we finally figured out what was causing him so much trouble!!

Kase

I'm glad you've found out what the problem is and know what you are dealing with! I'm sure he will be fine (((good vibes)))).

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh--I hope all goes well and that little guy heals up quickly! (((HUGS)))) to you---this stuff can get nerve wracking, huh?

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
And I thought my dog would eat anything...

Seriously, I'm really glad you have a handle on what's causing the problem, hope he feels better right away.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone! I just couldn't believe that he ate something like that! He's really not a chewer and the only non food item that he has eaten are earplugs. Luckily those seem to go right through, lol.

I'm definitely glad to finally have an answer. I was getting sick of my parents jokes about maybe his fancy food was causing the problem. :rolleyes: Apparently just because their dog eats 'Ol Roy and isn't sick then it's a good food. I bought them a 40 lb bag of Canidae, so hopefully I can change their minds.

bubbatd

Glad you found the cause , and I hope they can remove it without the surgery .....let us know !

Members online

No members online now.