Dog training business name??

opokki

I have been jotting down possible business names as I think of them for sometime now but almost everything I've come up with is already taken. I'm getting very frustrated.

Some of the unavailable names that I've come up with, and thought I was so clever in thinking of, include:

Endless Pawsibilities
Sit Happens
Opportunity Barks
Dogs Gone Wild
The Refined Canine
DogSkills or PetSkills
and about 50 others....

For those of you in the business of dog training - how did you come up with your business name and did you have a difficult time finding names that didn't already exist? Any tips or suggestions?

What do you think of the name "Get a Cue!".

mrose_s

BusterLove
i like get a cue. its witty.

and congrats on the ones you came up with. i wouldnt have thought of most of them.

good luck with your business. how did you get into it? like how did you become a trainer? PM me if you wanna

opokki

Thanks for your feedback!

Actually, I'm still in the process....I'm an Animal Behavior College student(should be finished at the end of June) and I've been assisting group classes with a local trainer since last summer.

It will be a little while before I start my own business....I'm just thinking ahead. I want to have a few names in mind before the time comes.

mrose_s

BusterLove
awesome. actually i did look into it and found a course a while back. the only one that will make you a registered dog trainer in Australia. only thing is i gotta be 18 before i can apply.

11 months left

There's another Sit Happens here in Calgary too.;)

I thought I was totally original..and I was for a while. My company name is Diamond in the "Ruff" Inc. and of course you do a name search at your local registry to be sure that it's available. it's pretty cheap to register your trade name so that you remain the only one within the city/s that you register.
There are a few others now with my name but they're nowhere near me.

By the way...I'm a mentor for ABC. Good Luck!!:)

opokki

Thanks for everyone's comments. :)

That's a great name that you picked dr2little!

opokki

I thought I was totally original..and I was for a while. My company name is Diamond in the "Ruff" Inc. and of course you do a name search at your local registry to be sure that it's available. it's pretty cheap to register your trade name so that you remain the only one within the city/s that you register.
There are a few others now with my name but they're nowhere near me.

By the way...I'm a mentor for ABC. Good Luck!!:)
A few quick questions...
So I don't really need to search online, I just need to seach the registry?

If I come up with a name that I like and it's available, can I register it right away or do I have to be in business first? :confused:

A few quick questions...
So I don't really need to search online, I just need to seach the registry?

If I come up with a name that I like and it's available, can I register it right away or do I have to be in business first? :confused:
Your best bet is just going to your registry. You can register it and hold onto it for when you need it. You do have to decide what kind of registration you want...ltd. inc. just a simple trade name.

I love some of the names that you've come up with!:)

opokki

Your best bet is just going to your registry. You can register it and hold onto it for when you need it. You do have to decide what kind of registration you want...ltd. inc. just a simple trade name.

I love some of the names that you've come up with!:)
Thanks so much for all your help! :D

otch1

I have a trade name now since my business is much smaller and attached to my home. Since my property/farm had a name when buying it, decided to use it for boarding business. (Woodshire Farm Canine Care and Training). Before was Inc. for larger kennel and school, The K-9 Kamp and Acadia Canines. I really like the names you've picked! "Pawsabilities" is used a lot in my area. I really like "The Refined Canine" on your list!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Opo, in NY you need to get a DBA license at your county clerk's office. It's essentially a license to do business, blah blah.

I like Sit Happens.

Also, consider joining your Chamber Of Commerce, as you will meet plenty of people who have dogs--and money. And you can get health insurance at group rates if you need to.

opokki

Thanks again everyone! I sure do appreciate it.

Tosca's Mom - Thanks, I completely forgot about licenses.

There is a nearby college that offers assistance and seminars for small business start up. I think I'm going to contact them for additional help...I still feel clueless about so many things.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Your chamber probably has all kinds of programs available for free too. Sometimes colleges teach courses on things they have never done. You know, theory works great, but nothing like hobnobbing with people who have the actual experience. Just my two cents.

opokki

Your chamber probably has all kinds of programs available for free too. Sometimes colleges teach courses on things they have never done. You know, theory works great, but nothing like hobnobbing with people who have the actual experience. Just my two cents.
Thanks. I will definately look into it. :)

Members online

No members online now.