Can not get orijen or acana due to fire!!!

Lyzelle

Lyzelle you are the QUEEN OF ATTITUDE!!! When I think of the clique on here I imagine that you are the ringleader. You sound like a miserable little thing. You are very negative in most of your posts sorry but it is true.
No, I'm not part of any clique here. I've never met anyone here. I just joined in... February? And I'm quite happy with my life, not miserable at all.

And I'm not the one attacking other people for helping me out. That would be you.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Maybe she took it as blaming champion by the title of the thread? The title wasn't that you didn't get food because of the retailer - - the title was you didn't get food because champion had a fire.

darkchild16

We are Home.
FWIW i dont see any blaming. Just a plain I cant get my food due to a fire.

Then irritated because they cant get it and only got short SHORT notice.

Im sure she wouldnt be the only one saying it if you found out you couldnt get food when you were expecting it.

(general you)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh good God people. Yes I took MandyPugs comment to be directed at the OP, all her other points were so I would assume that one is too. And yes if this were my post I would be pointing out that I didn't say anything related to that.

I'd probably give Fromm a try.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Actually, really only point 4 was directed to the OP/answering the OP's question. The rest were just clearing up misinformation being spread, as I read it.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Another pet food retailer here.

Champion's oven is set to be installed by the end of November at the latest. They've been sending weekly updates to pet retailers and everything is on schedule. They already have the new oven and are installing it. :)

Some SKUs aren't showing up and causing irritation amongst customers towards Champion. Mandy's statement was a blanket one, I can pretty much assure you. I get the same remarks every **** day.

In terms of not being up to speed until January 2013, I can believe it. They'll be back to full production by the end of November, but I imagine it will take them some time to catch up, especially with retailers that will order triple of their regular SKUs as soon as they're up and running again. -_-

goldiefur

Okay I did not realize mandypug was a retailer so I can understand her frustration I bet she is getting bashed all day by customers. I have had a horrendous week so I am sorry everyone and I am sorry Lyzelle I am having terrible family issues right now and I guess I am taking it out on everyone.

crazedACD

Don't forget to check feed/grain stores too, sometimes they have a good selection of good dog food.

If all you have is Petsmart, Blue Buff's Wilderness or Freedom line might do it for you, or I believe they sell Innova (the food is ok though they were bought by Proctor and Gamble).

goldiefur

Thanks crazedACD I think I will go with the Blue Buff for now. I ended up ordering GO fit and free for them online but I won't get that until the end of next week.

Try wag.com, the prices seem to be the same as Mr. Chewy. I only checked Orijen Adult which is what I'm feeding (largest bag is currently out of stock). They also have free shipping for orders over $49 and the food arrives FAST. I'm in Iowa and if I order by a certain time (before 6 pm I think) I get the food the next day.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
When I worked at a Petsmart Pet Hotel, tons of clients would bring their dogs in and were shocked the the store didn't carry Orijen. I referred them to Blue Buffalo Wilderness and ALL of them were much happier with the food and the price, especially clients with puppies! ;) Their puppy formula seems to work really well. So I'd go with that. You might even like the results better.

Shippo used to be on BB Wilderness when he was a puppy but I switched to Orijen after reading many comments/claims about BB lacking in the QA department. Whether it's true or not is something I never found out but I decided to err on the side of caution and avoid BB. I switched Shippo to Acana for awhile but I switched back to Orijen when I got the new puppy and I will never feed them anything else. If at some point the Orijen doesn't agree with her then I'll switch to Acana since it's not as rich but I definitely prefer it over BB and I used to prefer BB when I had my last Corgi. Go figure (but then I didn't know about Champion Petfoods when I had her).

Yes, Blue Buffalo may be cheaper than Orijen/Acana, and yes, it is more readily available, but I would never suggest Blue Buffalo over Orijen/Acana - the quality of the ingredients and the integrity of the company are nowhere near similar. You're getting what you pay for, essentially.

monkeys23

I personally am not a fan of BB. But my former foster is eating BBW Salmon and looks fine. Eh, still better than grocery store food so whatevs.

Fromm, Earthborn Holistic, and Go! are much better food options IMO.

My cat eats Wellness Core. Its ridiculously expensive, but its the food she does best on. I'm not super happy the food is made in an American Nutrition plant, but she won't eat raw and was really picky about the Acana/Orijen I tried with her a couple years ago, so sticking with Core for her for the foreseeable future.

Lyzelle

Yes, Blue Buffalo may be cheaper than Orijen/Acana, and yes, it is more readily available, but I would never suggest Blue Buffalo over Orijen/Acana - the quality of the ingredients and the integrity of the company are nowhere near similar. You're getting what you pay for, essentially.
Exactly, and it's not even that. So many dogs get deathly ill over their foods and their quality control sucks. It's way overpriced for what it is, and you're more likely to spend even more money on vet fees afterwards. They NEED to be taken off the shelves, but they keep buying their way out of claims and recalls filed by the FDA.

Lyzelle

What about BB makes them "crap"?
Lack of quality control. It talks the talk with a pretty bag full of ingredients, but they definitely have had a LOT of issues with quality control over the years, and not just the Vit D recall, but others they've managed to keep under the table as well by pulling early to avoid getting pulled into another "volun-told" recall like the Vit D one. It's why a lot of dogs get sick on the food. They can't keep it shelf stable and it varies a lot from batch to batch. They've gotten into claims battles with false advertising, too.

You can find all the info online, typically. It just never hits the media. This is why I say it's important to know the COMPANY and not just the label on the bag.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Can you post the links to these recalls? Their cost, over inflated, turned me away from their food but I would love proof, over hear say about their quality.

Lyzelle

Can you post the links to these recalls? Their cost, over inflated, turned me away from their food but I would love proof, over hear say about their quality.
They aren't technical recalls, since the Reps are simply instructed to pull certain batches from the shelves. And no one actually makes public record of the routine analysis of the food, unfortunately. There's another thread around here I posted in and gave out all the info I could, though. I'll see if I can find it.

Members online

No members online now.