Cricket has a vet appointment tomorrow

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I haven't told Josh since he will.probably have a cow. I have a little cash on me though that will at least cover the exam fee.

I spoke to the receptionist and explained the situation. She said if I come in for the exam so they can at least look at her then they can give me some ideas of what to try or even write a prescription that I can fill early next week when I get paid.

She was driving me nuts were incessant whining last night so I took off her elizabethan collar for a little bit and gave her a bone to chew. She was doing fine and not bothering her feet at all and I had intended to put the collar back on her right before bed. My idiot self dosed off while watching tv and I woke up to a really red paw again.

That's why this morning I said screw it and made the appointment without talking to Josh about it.

I wish I could bring her in right this moment, but unfortunately I have to go to work and I can't just call out since I'm the shift supervisor today. I'm going to bring her with me though so I can monitor her closely and that elizabethan collar is not coming off again.

monkeys23

I'm glad you made her an appointment. You'll both feel better once you know what is really going on and can get it all fixed up.

It concerns me that even here among friends you feel you have to validate/defend your reasons for not telling Josh. :(

yoko

Glad to hear she's going to the vet they can' probably give her something for the itching.

S

SevenSins

Hopefully it won't be too expensive for them to figure out what's actually going on with Cricket's paw. I will say though that even when you figure it out it's going to be important to keep the collar on and keep her from chewing at it. I find my dogs move around and rest/sleep more easily in a Comfy Cone rather than the rigid plastic ones. Do you have a Walgreens around? They may have a discount Rx program you could ask about. I tend to constantly keep fairly expensive antibiotics in stock for my ABD, and found out that for $20 per year I could get my $160 prescriptions filled for under $25 each, and the cheaper one (can't remember the original price, under $40) for about $5.

Grab

Also, if it's a common antibiotic, many of the pharmacies (from our Smith's/Krogers, to Walmart and Target) have pet plans now, so you can get the $4 or $6 generics :) Some ointments are covered that way as well

thehoundgirl

I'm glad you made her an appointment. You'll both feel better once you know what is really going on and can get it all fixed up.

It concerns me that even here among friends you feel you have to validate/defend your reasons for not telling Josh. :(
This. I hope everything goes well!

ACooper

Sending prayers and vibes that it's something easy, fast, and cheap to fix! :) (((HUGS)))

(also a few extra prayers for Josh to be understanding over the vet)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Thank you so much guys. At the vet right now and waiting for the vet to come back in. They are thinking its more than likely a food allergy. I've been feeding her Fromm for a while but I did switch from surf and turf to game bird not too long ago. They want to switch her to a royal canin hypoallergenic diet to see if that changes anything but I'm hesitant because well its royal canin.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ok I just left. They gave her Hexachlor-K wipes since it was all I could afford and they want me to wipe her feet 2-3 times a day and continue the benedryl. They want her to try a hypoallergenic diet so we can see if it is for sure food related. Said to stay on a hypoallergenic diet for 12 weeks. If she still has feet problems then they want to do an allergy test then.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I would definitely do the hypoallergenic diet and go from there. Glad you got her in to the vet.

If she did fine on the surf and turf why not just go back to that? Food allergies are pretty common and most are able to be ruled out without testing or 'prescription' diets.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
If she did fine on the surf and turf why not just go back to that? Food allergies are pretty common and most are able to be ruled out without testing or 'prescription' diets.
I could go back to surf and turf if i absolutely have to. The main reason I switched her off surf and turf is because it made her breath stink something terrible.

I'm looking through the food we sell at my work to see what we have that is a good limited ingredients food. I told the vet I was uncomfortable putting her on royal canin or hills

shazbot

not so newby
Do you guys carry California Natural? Their food is pretty limited in the ingredients and they also have grain free. Last I checked it was pretty afforadable also.

Members online

No members online now.