Some fun with flowers

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nothing spectacular lol but my first time having some fun with flowers. I was over in my neighbors yard lol... my other neighbors must have wondered what the heck I was doing.

I didn't resize them. probably should

So I only know the names of the daffodils and the dandelion lol... anyone else know what the rest are? the last two are weeds lol.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OH bleeding hearts.... didn't know that's what they were called. I like those. Maybe I will ask my neighbors if I can come over tomorrow and take more pics of their flowers LOL

Nicely done!

Third shot is of a grape hyacynth (sp?), 4th and 5th are bleeding hearts.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of those around here soon. However, I believe the forecast is offering a chance of snow early next week (which really sucks because today was around 20 c).

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nicely done!

Third shot is of a grape hyacynth (sp?), 4th and 5th are bleeding hearts.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of those around here soon. However, I believe the forecast is offering a chance of snow early next week (which really sucks because today was around 20 c).
OH thanks :D I am terrible with flower names.

Really snow AGAIN for you guys? UGH. I'm coming up there in June... it better be done by then LOL.

Yeah I guess these pics aren't bad for only my second day with the camera lol

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Those aren't bad shots at all for your second day :) Remind me, did you get the D40 or the D40x?

OH thanks :D I am terrible with flower names.

Really snow AGAIN for you guys? UGH. I'm coming up there in June... it better be done by then LOL.

Yeah I guess these pics aren't bad for only my second day with the camera lol
LOL! The only reason I figured that out was because when I photograph something, I try and name it afterwards. I don't know how many hours I've spent combing through pics of spiders, flowers, birds and so-on on the internet attempting to find names for some of the things I've photographed.

I think the first couple of flowers are of white daffodils and the third from last is a dandilion. 2nd from last is (I think) a type of violet???

Snark

Mutts to you
The very last pic is dead nettle (wildflower or weed, take your pick), can't find that blue flower anywhere in my wildflower books or on the Net. It almost looks like Wild Comfrey but that has five petals. Pretty little flower, though!

I do the same thing, Andrew - just gotta identify whatever flower, bird or bug I shoot. Drives my sister crazy when I say things like, "Oh look, a Flag-tailed Spinyleg." (That's a dragonfly, by the way.)

Members online

No members online now.