Weight Loss Progress Thread!

actually she's eating against the words of almost elvery mainstream "nutrition" "expert" and public policy statement everywhere. Eating lots of meat, fat ad veggies. Cuttting out grains and most fruits.

I wonder what a place like Weight Watchers would say about her eating habits. But then that same disgusting giant of a corporation is endorsing McDonalds as a place to eat as a part of their "healthy diet" so take their advice for what it's worth.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Since people have gotten bitchy and cranky this is a less fun place to post..

I'm at 9.5 down though. And my ketostix are a bright purple.

MafiaPrincess

Waited too long to edit oops.

Thanks Dak :) I forgot to say that when I originally posted. I like the vibrance, though inside it an be not as pretty as outside. It gave me the motivation to glop some henna on my head tonight before work (as I have like no spare time lately to make myself pretty).

I like it when it near glows ;)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I'm merely stating that pregnancy and childbirth in and of itself is not a valid excuse for being overweight indefinitely.
Wow. Seriously? Keep this kinda crap out of a the weight loss progress thread. Go preach somewhere else.

Since people have gotten bitchy and cranky this is a less fun place to post..
Amen to that.

Doberluv

Yes, seriously. If you don't like it, disregard it. I'll post my opinion anywhere on this forum that I feel like unless you show me where it is not allowed by the rules. What kind of crap is that you're preaching? Why should I keep this "stuff" out of this thread? Mericox?

FYI, I'm chastising myself as much as anybody for excuses I'VE made. Part of my weight loss and my stop smoking mission, my pushing ahead with much more exercise IS reminding myself that there mustn't be anymore excuses. I can not allow it in myself and I'm sharing that little gem with anyone who might want to have another tool that might work for them too. It's part of how I'm getting 'er done. If you think it's crap, well maybe it is for you. Who knows? Everyone is different and different tactics have various effects on everyone. But MY opinion is (and I have a right to post it on the forum) that it is very much a part of the problem....making excuses like that. Part of my success so far is realizing that having babies some years ago isn't why I'm fat. My slowed down, old age metabolism isn't why I'm fat. Some kind of genetic disease or imbalance isn't why I'm fat. Eating wrong is why. Not compensating for changes made as I aged and after I had babies is why I got fat. I've ruled out the real reasons, stopped making excuses, and now I can get down to business of getting more fit.

Doberluv

What is wrong with posting something that I found to be helpful...to get the nonsense out of the way and get on with the job at hand....the weight loss. This IS a weight loss thread, right? Isn't it about weight loss?

Preaching? Oh come now. Just what have you added to this thread that is of any use? Or even an attempt to be helpful? What do you do...just go around and police other peoples' posts? :rolleyes:

Dekka

Just try me..
Nothing is wrong with posting your opinion. And I agree people shouldn't let pregancy issues dissuade them from losing weight.

I think the issue arises when you basically call me a liar and dismiss some very real issues people have losing weight. Its like you have it out for me, and those like me. I am tired of it and it seems others are too. I am glad what is working for you works for you, but its a little short sighted to assume it will work for everyone.

I am saddened as I would have thought you would know me and accord me with the respect of trusting me to not lie about my weight issues. Its hard enough to be honest and let everyone 'see' one's struggles, but to basically have someone you previously trusted and liked insinuates repeatedly that you are lying is very hurtful. As is the constant dismissing those issues (which are not all that uncommon it seems) and saying its so easy just do 'this' is extremely upsetting when you have done 'this' for years...

Dekka

Just try me..
Back to the thread!...

I realized earlier I am the lowest I have been in about 7 years!!!

Saeleofu

Just what have you added to this thread that is of any use? Or even an attempt to be helpful?
This is a PROGRESS thread. Not a post-how-you-think-others-fail-at-losing-weight thread. Maf, Mericox and everyone else have posted their progress. You are just bashing people for being fat and making excuses. What's so hard about posting your progress, and making a new thread if you want to discuss other issues/theories/etc? If you want ti whine about people making excuses, go make a new thread to bitch about it!

I've now lost 20 lbs, woo hoo!

Here is a vid of what can happen if you eat too much sugar for your metabolism (and yes that is whole grains, whole grain pasta has a very similar GI rating as coke or straight sugar... starch is broken down into sugar quickly.. drinking a coke has about the same sugar spike as eating whole bran cereal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE

if you don't have that issue no you won't have that problem. Pregnancy makes it worse.

I will have you know I ate 'healthy' by all common methods, low fat low junk high in complex carbs and exercised.. and GAINED weight. And its not uncommon! but I am lying so what ever...
I think you and I have very much the same type of metabolism, Kerri.

Within days after I cut gluten out of my diet -- which meant most of the carbs considered healthy as I rarely ate any grain based foods that weren't whole grain -- all the puffiness started to melt away and I've slowly but surely been getting visibly smaller.

As long as I kept it simple and didn't mess with making gluten free breads of any sort, pastas, etc. and didn't eat any rice or other "white food" (except dairy) it was not only steady but appeared to be moving along at an increasing rate.

When I added gluten free substitutes I slowed down again.

It's the same pattern I saw when bodybuilding: stick to high protein, very limited carbs, some fats and I built muscle and melted body fat. Add carbs -- and I was doing it in an EXTREMELY healthy way -- and POOF, there went the definition and the weight started going up, and it wasn't muscle.

Oh, and cholesterol, triglycerides and all those nasties? Mine were laughably low and the good cholesterol was in the upper ranges.

NOT EVERY METHOD WORKS FOR EVERY PERSON. PERIOD.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Yes, seriously. If you don't like it, disregard it. I'll post my opinion anywhere on this forum that I feel like unless you show me where it is not allowed by the rules. What kind of crap is that you're preaching? Why should I keep this "stuff" out of this thread? Mericox?
Because you're coming into this thread and telling overweight people it's inexcusable to be fat. This is a progress thread, not "come in and be an asshat because you think you know better and feel free to diss people" people.

I don't care if your highness is allowed to post freely in whatever thread your little heart desires, but do know the door swings both ways.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yes, my Mom and sister have never had weight issues so naturally, they didn't gain extra weight. So are you're saying that people who eat in a healthy way and exercise can still become obese? I don't buy it. Unless there's some rare or unusual thyroid or other medical problem.
It's actually not that rare at all. I'm just going by what I'm familiar with- PCOS. It affects somewhere between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 women. It's also been shown over and over again that women with PCOS have a lot of trouble losing weight and many times can't on the diet that is traditionally preached. There is some debate about low carb versus low glycemic index versus low glycemic load but it's pretty clear carbs matter more than straight calories. And a lot need to be on medication to even begin losing weight. And that's just one medical condition.

It is hard probably for someone not in that position but many many girls are told by their doctors essentially to just stop being fat and lazy.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Not the best before picture (sorry about the bowling ball..) but you get the idea lol

I keep all my weight in my mid section (Love handles..thighs.. ugh.)

My goal before summer is to lose 20 pounds and tone up! Honest to goodness there is NO MUSCLE anywhere on my body, too much cardio and not enough...anything else.

My reward to myself is a photo shoot I have scheduled for June :)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
^ This. When I was "skinny", I went to the gym every single day. I played ice hockey 3 times a week plus had 4 practices a week. I ate under 1200 calories. As soon as I stopped being so active because I simply didn't have that much time anymore, I gained weight. Not because I was only eating fast food and snacks all day long, but because I ate wrong for my body. I can't do extremely low carb because I feel sick when I eat too much meat. Now, that I have been diagnosed with PCOS, have appropriate medication and a diet for my body, the weight does still take work to shed, but it is SO much easier than it has ever been.

I don't even get why we fight in all these weight threads? Yes, some people just cut back calories, others cut out carbs completely, others do a mixture of both. Whatever works for that person is great! There is no right or wrong here.

Saeleofu

Because we're all starving ;)
Actually speaking of which, since I started low carb I have been SO not hungry. I've struggled to hit 1200 some days. It's pretty awesome :D

The only issue I have is trying to hit my protein goal. I'm supposed to eat something like 197g a day, and I generally make it to about 120-150 and don't really want more.

MafiaPrincess

Actually speaking of which, since I started low carb I have been SO not hungry. I've struggled to hit 1200 some days. It's pretty awesome :D

The only issue I have is trying to hit my protein goal. I'm supposed to eat something like 197g a day, and I generally make it to about 120-150 and don't really want more.
That's a ton of protein on 1200 calories. Can I ask what your ratios are? (Totally just curious) There is no way I could eat that much protein either ;)

I too am finding I don't feel hungry.. As an almost paramedic they put me at moderately active with 1500 calories to use, but I often use 1200 maybe.

Members online

No members online now.