Kongs

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Here's Ella's Kong Sundae (I've posted it before, but I'll post it again):

Wonderful Houndlove got me into giving Ella her meals out of kongs. I read a thread or something by her on another board and I thought, "BRILLIANT".

Ella doesn't always get a kong sundae.
But the kongs in that picture are filled with kibble, plain yogurt, and raw beef heart.
The blue one is a King Kong and the red is a 3 1/2" kong that fits nicely into the blue one. I seal around the outside of the two with peanut butter and then I freeze it.

YUM. She goes mad over it.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
and I don't have a dishwasher (WISH I DID), so I use a baby bottle brush to clean her kongs.

I am Kong OBSESSED.
Ella has 3 King kongs and 2 XL kongs and the little red one.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Toothbrush! Especially for peanut butter. We use these at work every day and we've had to get creative in how to get them clean.

I seal the big end with a big spoonful of peanut butter with a couple treats shoved in first.

I <3 kongs.

yoko

even with food i can't keep yoshi interested in it... buuuut i wanted something that could stand her chewing on it like a kong. so now she has one of the kong balls :D she even sleeps with that thing

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Ugh.

I'm going to have to lay off feeding Ella from her kong for about a week.

She's formed these irritated red, rubbed spots on her chin and nose area due to rubbing her face on it to get the food out.
I'm stopping the kong for now because I know Ella and she'll continue to eat from the kong and rub the skin entire off of her face and not even let me KNOW she's in any kind of pain.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
K9 Elite

You have to call to place an order, but they're made out of a special material that if a dog ingests it by ripping it up, it'll be detectable on xray.
They're NICE.:D
Well, Sarama will tear things to shreds, but she's really good about not eating them . . . what I was thinking is that dogs can't see red, but they can see blue! I bet she'd like a Kong that looks colorful to her . . . but the xray thing is a bonus to be sure. Next paycheck I'm going to have to order a few :D

Members online

No members online now.