The dog musing/vent thread

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
While training Talon in the park by a busy road (working on being able to jog nicely next to me while cars zoom by rather than darting every which way when a car passes :rolleyes: ) a girl is coming up to us on the sidewalk. At that point we aren't even on the sidewalk because Talon's not ready for that close on such a busy road. But as she walks by she looks at us and says "Good job" and gives us a thumbs up. I said "we're trying thank you" and she says "You're donig such a good job! Keep it up!"

It's kind of funny because I doubt she knew what I was training for, but **** did that make me feel good!!! The rest of the training time I was all " :D :cool: " LOL

The littlest things seem to make me happy lol

teacuptiger

floor dancer
My dog is too cute. Wrapped her kong plush snake up into a ball (hold the head in your hand, wrap tightly, shove tail into the space where your hand is and pull your hand out), and she made it a point during retrieves to shove the snake ball as hard as she could into my hand.

This poor toy is getting so ratty. But she's so cute with it. I think she likes it even more than her stuffingless fox.

SaraB

It's kind of funny because I doubt she knew what I was training for, but **** did that make me feel good!!! The rest of the training time I was all " :D :cool: " LOL
You never know!! She could be going through the same thing with her dog. I always, always give encouragement to people I see working their dogs in public.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Roxie and I are spending our first night at the new house!! Soo nervous! And of course, Rox is like, "oooh, CAMPING?!?!?!!!"

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Well, Roxie's done very well at the new house. She was surprised a bit by the new washer noise, lol, and the front door is clear (but frosted) so she was also a little surprised when my dad went out to shovel and she could see him. Plus, we have BIRDS!! I just really hope she gets better with sleeping. She did a lot of walking around the house.

But, otherwise, she's done very well and I'm happy. I admit, I was a bit scared how she'd be, if she would be like Buddy was after we moved. I should give Roxie more credit, she's a lot more stable than Buddy.

Oh, and she got out of the basement. So... maybe she will be allowed upstairs. I think playing will just have to stay in the basement, which I am fine with. WAAAY more room for flirtpole down there, lol. And, well, she will have to be in a kennel downstairs when I'm gone, as well...

As a bonus, she got to meet my sister's new boyfriend. She almost went home with him, lol. But she would. not. stop. mouthing. I can't seem to break her of putting her mouth around people's wrists and wrapping/running her tongue all over their arm. She never does this at a consistent time (mostly just with certain people), and people always think it's so cute and funny, so I have a hard time of pulling her away to get her to stop. Nutcase dog.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well we had a fun day. We did tricks, agility, then barn hunt. I'm frozen.

I think we are done trying to barn hunt though. She loves the rats in the cage and pulls and barks for them and she finds them very fast on the course but then when I don't release them doesn't keep interest. She's so smart I think she knows she's never going to actually get them. So well stick to nosework. She loves searching for anything including rats but I don't think getting a rat in a tube she can't catch is motivating enough.

Oh well we had fun.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
There's an 18 month old border collie on petfinder that I love. She looks almost identical to my trainer's BC that I love. And her description sounds completely lovely and like a perfect fit. 25 lbs, laid back inside but playful and active outdoors. Smooth coat with lots of ticking. Good with dogs and cats and everyone.

If only I were out of this rental house. :( It's killing me.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
This dog cracks me up. She is awesome and knows not to eat the cat food - out of the bowl. But she also knows there is nothing wrong with hovering over the cat while he eats, and vacuuming up the crumbs that he inevitably always drops.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
This dog cracks me up. She is awesome and knows not to eat the cat food - out of the bowl. But she also knows there is nothing wrong with hovering over the cat while he eats, and vacuuming up the crumbs that he inevitably always drops.

HAHAH!!

and I love that the cat is totally not even phased

SpringerLover

Holy sh*t I think I can actually call Siri housetrained. Only took me a year! :rofl1::rofl1:
HOOOOOORAY! HUZZAH! PRAISE JEBUS!

For real. YAY! :) And to be fair to yourself, and her... you really cracked down a couple months ago and made steady progress from there!

StillandSilent

For some reason Gimmicks balls have been attracting a lot of really rude comments the past few weeks. Even odder, people have been saying the exact same thing about them, almost like they're reading a script.

Then I pick up a copy of the local animal magazine. Oh,yeah. Our humane society has started a very aggressive spay/neuter campaign 'fixed by four'. Meaning four momths. :yikes:

And,yes, they had helpful suggestions for what to say to the owners (oops, I mean 'gaurdians') of those evil intact boys.

Sigh. Why can't I live in a world where people have the decency not to stare at my dogs genitalia? Come on, I don't stare at yours

Gypsydals

I finally have a day off with no where to go. So I can train Phoebe today. And what happens???? She hurts herself this morning BEFORE I even get up. I'm not sure if she tweaked something or bruised a muscle. The husband says her and Ivan where wrestling again and something happened. So now shes alternating between limping, and holding it up (most notably happens when she realizes you are watching or when she first gets up). So now we are alternating on crate rest and leashed puppy.
Ohh and to top it all off, Ivan is very very intent on mounting her. Because you know its the perfect time to try and dominate a hurt puppy.:rolleyes: He is such a jerk.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Jari is a jerk. He keeps peeing on my bed whenever he can weasel his way past the gate and in to my room (not ever by me, but if my sister or DH don't pay attention and he gets through). GRRRRRRRRR. But I just did some birch oil hides and he's fine to work in there. So I don't know. BLAH.

OH and he pushed his crate pan out and dug/chewed a nice big hole in my carpet while we were out with some friends. And I like NEVER get to hang out with friends so I was really happy all day before this. WHY IS HE DOING THIS TO ME?!??!

(It gets better, right??? I mean, Kimma got better and she was a lot worse than he is IIRC.....)

Members online

No members online now.