Does everyone buy poo bags or just use random plastics?

ACooper

Poop bags here.

For one because we do reusable totes for shopping so we don't have a lot of the plastic bags.........the ones we do get are normally used for the bathroom trash cans. And two, Orson does not like to poop anywhere except at home. He'll hold it as long as he possibly can, even when camping he normally won't poop till the next day when he sees there's no other option!

Since I have a scooper for the kennel, I'd guess we've used less than 20 poop bags this year. A single roll will usually last about 2 years or so! LOL

Eww. Open hatch/cargo area door. Rest bag on bumper. Slam the top of the bag into the door. Open when you get home and throw the bag away.

Eww. I could never stand to drive with poop in my car!
Shall I mention driving home 3 different times with sheep in the back of the van? (one trip was over 2 hours)

Please don't! Unless they were good little sheep who held it the whole way.
Let me tell you this, Sheep pee I think is worse to travel with that dog poo :rofl1:. Maybe you would prefer to travel with Nigel then, he's house broken (dang bottle brats).

But on that, has anyone on here ever seen or used those "scented" poo bags? I remember seeing on TV some time ago ones that were made from recycled fabric softer bottles, said they had a good scent to them because of their former use, they must not have gone over I guess?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
We used to use grocery bags, then they started charging a nickel for them. I basically get away with freebies I get from allie's work trips xD

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I get the Worlds Best Poop Bags ones. They're the perfect weight, they smell good, they're not too huge or too small, and if needed it can hold the poo of an Izzie and a Gyp and a Kaleb in one bag.

I somewhat obsessively save every kind of plastic bag imaginable, not just the grocery bags. Bags from loaves of bread, Subway sandwiches, even the inner lining of a box of cereal, the bags pet fish come home from the store in, used ziploc bags, plastic produce bags, everything. But we use SO many of them for the litter boxes, and pet waste must be double bagged here, that we use most of those up on yard poop and litter boxes and get poop bags for walks.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I used to buy clear (bread) bags at the grocery store until the price went up. My last batch of bags I bought was 750 poop bags from Amazon.com for a good price. I'm hoping those will last me a while.

I forgot about my Poop Pac. It's like a purse for poop and has 2 compartments. One for the bags and one with charcoal for the poop. I use it when I go someplace really public.

http://www.pooppac.com/index.html

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Poop bags in a dispenser on our walks. Plastic bags are reused for the litter box and for cleaning up the yard.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I use poo bags. They are so much smaller and easier to carry. I got three (zebra printed!) rolls and a bag from work over a year ago and I haven't even made it through one roll yet.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
I buy the bags, especially now that I have 2 dogs. The fit in my pocket more easily (before use), and are smaller to carry around.

Plus, these days we usually use reusable grocery bags, so we no longer have a huge stash of them like we did when we were kids.

^ This. I only have one dog, but I'm also a dog walker and it's so much easier to carry a roll than a bunch of loose grocery bags.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
We save the bags the newspapers come in when it's crappy out. I've mainly used those for years. when we were in the states last year the petedge wearhouse had poopbags that had come out of their packages for like a quarter a roll so I got 5 or 6 rolls I still haven't touched.

Miakoda

Tip: The scented baby diaper baggies are much cheaper than than the ones labeled for doggy use. ;)

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
The commissary always gives us WAYYYY too many bags, so I'm fighting through the mountain of plastic bags that is my pantry... I also have like 8 or 10 poop bag rolls to go in the cute little dispensers on my leashes but they never get used :( plus we have a fence now, so by the time I'm ready to actually take them out for a walk/run/hike, they've done their business in the yard & all they do is mark the neighborhood/desert lol

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Agility trials here offer poop bags as prizes in addition to plushie toys sometimes...or treats. If they offer bags or treats I get those since I can only have so many bins of toys (don't tell Mira) so I usually use "real" poop bags but I've never bought any. Unless you count entry fee $ in which case they are very expensive poop bags!

Members online

No members online now.