Eurasiers

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Hi guys,

I am heavily researching this breed. Probably won't even be considering another dog for another couple of years, but they are of interest.

From the research I've done, it seems that not many people in the US are interested in them, but they look like great companion dogs- if you like spitz breeds!

Anyone know anyone who has Eurasiers?

The club doesn't seem to be that concerned with AKC regognition, which I don't see as a huge problem. They do have a stud dog registry though.

They seem like cool dogs. :)

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I've met one. It was a beautiful dog. It was, I believe, a well-bred dog that they had imported from somewhere in Eastern Europe. His temperament reminded me of a Chow, very independent and standoffish.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
We had a client at one of the clinics I worked at with several of these (she purchased from somewhere in Canada). They had aloof temperaments at first, but warmed up to us pretty quick and seemed very stable and healthy. They were good patients.

I was actually in a class with one. I don't know anything about her past since I wasn't the instructor so she wasn't one of my clients. The dog was was DA and HA. Gorgeous dog but I never could get close enough to know her better. One of the things that struck me was how small she was.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Thanks for all the comments!
They do seem chow like, which I'm not sure I can deal with. I'll actually have to meet a few before I make any kind of decision.
I do think they're beautiful, but yeah...that temperament...

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I went to a conformation fun match put on by the Eurasier Club here. The dogs I saw were pretty, most seemed above average aloof and didn't warm up- the ones showing in the match and the real show that went on first.

Members online

No members online now.