Mina broke a tooth.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
So Mina broke one of her teeth today. I think it was a baby tooth, but I'm not positive as she's been teething like crazy lately (I've been finding teeth everywhere). We were out playing on the long line and I noticed her mouth was bleeding a bit and when I looked, her lower right canine was gone except for a tiny bit still sticking out of her gums. (I know it's broken as it's quite jagged. Her gums are slightly swollen, but they have been for a few days now from just general teething. My vets isn't open until Monday, but I'm just wondering if it was a puppy tooth is there any chance the broken off bit will work it's way out on it's own?

I forgot to add she doesn't seem to be in any pain, she's running around playing like normal and chewing on her toys like no one's business.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I thought she lost it too, but after about five attempts at looking, there is definitely still a jagged piece of it left. I'm just curious because it is a puppy tooth, will the small bit left work itself out?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Fozzie broke one of his baby teeth as a puppy... it fell out a few days later, as the adult tooth was coming in. How old is Mina? I'm sure her tooth will be fine! :) Little needle puppy teeth break pretty easily.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
She's five months, heading towards six. I'm glad Fozzie's came out on it's own, I'm pretty sure that's what is going to happen with Mina as she just lost her canines on her left side a few days ago and is getting her big girl teeth in there. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Yep... Fozzie was 5 months, too! I even saved a bunch of his broken/lost puppy teeth. Yes I am creepy. :3

Fozzie also broke off one of canines right before he was neutered, so the Vet simply removed it and the other canine while he was under. His new canines came in almost instantly! That might be an option if you plan to spay her soon, if she isn't already. I'm sure it will come in on it's own regardless. Just make sure she has lots of good, healthy chewies to encourage her teeth. Raw meaty bones are a GODSEND for teething puppies! I highly recommend buying a few meaty knuckle bones.

Members online

No members online now.