pigmy goat

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
does anybody have one? i have always adored them at the petting zoo..actually i fell in love with one or two and wonder what one is like to have as a pet.

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
Goats can be a pain and fun at the same time but they seem to be great escape artists and the bucks if they are not neutered really stink!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
im just dreaming..someone posted about sheep and i was thinking couldn't you heard goats..those little pygmies would be easier to care for..then thought how much i would like to have one..not now, but in my dream future. I would want a billy, and would neuter him too..but don't know if they would be happy alone either..if they had a little heated and ac house, and a nice size yard..well i can look into it anyway. WE had a goat at the kennels, a billy that use to play king of the hill on the dog trailer with the dogs...it would jump up there and when the dog jumped up they would push each other like crazy trying to stay in the fun..the goat really loved the dogs and vice versa. This was a full sized goat tho.

Steff

I used to have a pygmy goat. She was really cute and friendly, and also seemed to think that she was a dog. She used to play with my other dog like you mentioned. My dad made me give her away though because she escaped a few times and ate all of my mom's flowers :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thank you Steff! I don't know why but those little sweeties just pluck my heart strings..sorry bout your mom's flowers....i am growing tomatoes for a raccoon...nobody else is getting any!

S

stirder

we had a pygmy goat when I was growing up. an unaltered buck (billy goat). he was 1 year old when we got him. we adopted a neglected gelding, we already had 3 quarter horses. the goat and the gelding were really closely bonded and had to take both. he was really sweet, acted like a dog and got along great with the dogs, but wouldnt leave sight of the gelding. we never had a problem with him smelling though, had him for 11 years.

mrose_s

BusterLove
we are getting goats as soon as we get a block out of town, well that and once we have adequate fencing. Then we are getting meremma's to look aftre them :D

Members online

No members online now.