Doggy Day Care

Pam111

My fiance's mom owns a dog grooming/day care and she told him the other day that I would be able to bring my dogs to day care for free! I assumed she would charge me normal price, so I didn't consider it as an option. Now I'm excited. I won't take them daily because I don't want to take advantage but I'd be glad to take them once in a while instead of crating. Yay :)

And I thought she hated me :D

The only thing I'm worried about is at day care the dogs are let out 3 times per day, but dogs still pee on the floor often. They clean it immediately, but I'm a little worried that it would be difficult for a young dog to understand that it's ok to pee there but not at home and that it could make housetraining more difficult. Is this anything I should actually worry about?

bubbatd

That's great !!!! I would give her something from time to time ....dog treats , shampoo , towels , etc .

Nbc0

Zipbeh Zerooo
It may make things difficult for your dogs, especially if your not complete with the house training. I used to work at a doggy daycare for 4 years and the owner ran a pretty tight shift. The dogs had an hourly pee schedule and all the puppies/young dogs were on 15 to 30 min timers. I know you thought your mother in-law to be hated you but you might want to make a friendly suggestion about the potty times for your dogs. The things puppies can pick up from doggy daycare is not always a positive thing but if you are willing to work with your dogs and continue to show them your rules for home then they can start to know the rules for daycare behaviour and home behaviour. I hope that helped and if you need me to elaborate on anything please ask :). Enjoy the free daycare, thats a mighty handy thing to have sometimes!

bubbatd

The place I'm leaving Ollie at the end of the month , has a play area where they can go out a will to poop or pee .

Pam111

Thanks, Nbc0...that's kind of what I thought. Maybe I won't use it at all until they are a few months older. Unfortunately, the shop is right in the city so they have no outdoor area. They take the dogs to the park nearby 3 times per day. She only has 2 employees and herself, I believe, so there aren't that many dogs there per day.

Nbc0

Zipbeh Zerooo
Well dog daycare really isn't a bad idea, i would wait just a little longer till i was confident that they dont have to pee too:) frequently. Other than that being out of the house for the day is always a good thing! :)

Members online

No members online now.