Dog in need!

showpug

So our manager here at work has to get rid of their 6 month old aussie puppy because they just bought a new house with white carpet!:mad: Are you kidding me, that is the lamest excuse on earth:mad: Anyway, they moved into the new house 2 weeks ago and have been boarding the dog since then. The boarding facility is giving them until Monday so now they are desperate. I just don't want to see this pup at the pound!

If anyone is in Oregon or Washington and wants a dog here is the info: 6 month old aussie puppy. Originally purchased from a pet store (go figure) male, intact. He is a brown tri.

thats silly, what a lame excuse! if i were anywhwere close i would love to help out! the puppy sounds cute!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
WTF?!?! :mad:

Smack your boss upside the head for me! What an effing idiot...six months ago I'm sure they knew they were looking for a house, why did they bother getting a dog in the first place? And carpets will clean!! Or they could just buy new stuff...grrr...

Also, tell your boss to contact Aussie Rescue & Placement Helpline (ARPH www.aussierescue.org )instead of tossing it into a shelter. They will put the pup into a good foster home and do thorough screening to make sure it ends up in a good forever home.

showpug

Thanks for the input. I have found 2 people that are interested so far. I have even been considering fostering this pup until I can find it a home. It's just so sad that people give up dogs for these reasons...

Oh, and about knowing they would be house hunting... He is moving his girlfriend in and it's a dog she bought for her daughters. He wont allow it in HIS new house, so she has been boarding it all this time. Poor dog and poor kids. Nothing like having your mom dump your dog for her new boyfriend:eek:

doberkim

Naturally Natural
whatever you do, pLEASE make sure this pup is neutered before he goes ANYWHERE> people with the best intentions can later decide they want to just TRY breeding.... and then tax the overwhelmed rescue system even more!

PFC1

Sounds like poor judgment to me-- choosing a mate who won't tolerate a dog.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Oh, I've heard of things like that. When I adopted Zeus, there was a beautiful 5-year-old white (light yellow?) lab in the rescue. One of the volunteers told me that his owners gave him up because they just had their beige carpet removed and dark green carpet installed, and the dog's hair showed too much against the green. And to make it more maddening, at the same time they brought their dog in, the owners asked the rescue if they had any chocolate labs available for adoption. :mad: They said they still wanted a lab, and the brown hair won't show so much on the green carpet.

That's insane! You give up your dog of five years because he doesn't match the decor anymore???

bubbatd

GRRRRR!!!!!!! I hope her girls like grape juice and spill it all over the carpet !!! When NashNRudy bought new carpet , ( at that time they had RJ ( Golden) and Rudy (Blk.Lab ) .....she lay out carpet samples and had the dogs roll on them to see which was best ... Something good may come of it... that's how I got my Chip and Kobe ( the one I placed ) has a perfect home now because he pooped on his new carpet. !! What an @sshole !!! His hunny should see the red flag and forget his hinny !

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
UGH! PEOPLE! They could keep it in a bathroom untill house trained or kitchen. Because a ktichen or bathroom for a pup is still big enough.
I would help if I could. But I live VERY far from Oregon.
Good luck.
Mandy

B

BlackDog

Talk about not thinking the situation through. When we moved in to our new house Lilly wasn't all the way potty trained and we had white carpet. It's called buying a steam vac

Members online

No members online now.