Idiot

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So yesterday Summer and I drove across two states back home and we stopped to stretch a bit and let her potty and get gas, etc.

Anyways, I wanted to let her out of the crate a while since she'd been riding in there for a good 5 hours already and we still had a ways to go. So we were sitting on a bench, she was on a lead in my lap and I was petting her. I thought it'd be nice to let her see outside a bit before we continued driving. Well, anyways, these two guys (probably early twenties) came out of the store. One of them pokes his friend and starts talking really loudly.

"Look at that little dog! My dog could eat it. No, that wouldn't even be a snack for my pit bull."

I italicized the end because he really emphasized it and was looking right at me as he said it.

Now... what am I supposed to say? Whoopee, you have a big, macho dog? Or... yes, your dog is larger than mine? Yes, my dog is tiny? Squeal in terror at the mention of 'pit bull'?

Or maybe... at least my dog isn't compensating for.... wait, did I say that out loud?

Anyways, just venting about an idiot. :rolleyes:

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Lol. I would have said the last one. Mind you I have a big macho killer doberman who eats little runts like yours before snacking on the nieghborhood children.

Well, Laurelin, you should have told him that you have a friend who has a dog who wouldn't bother his cute little Pittie, but might very well decide to have HIM for lunch :D

There's something satisfying about reminding that special kind of idiot that they, too, have a place in the food chain ;)

Last edited:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I probably would have said something like "Am I supposed to be impressed by your stupidity?"

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I would have given a girly little squeal and said "Oh, how sweet! I LOVE widdle-biddle pittie-witties! They're so cute and squishy!"

One of my friends in college did that in the same situation. Makes for a fast ego-deflation. ;)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
:rolleyes: I meet that type more than I'd like. I am going to scream if one more person calls Lucy a rat.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I would have given a girly little squeal and said "Oh, how sweet! I LOVE widdle-biddle pittie-witties! They're so cute and squishy!"

One of my friends in college did that in the same situation. Makes for a fast ego-deflation. ;)
LOL! You know, that's a great idea. *Stores for future reference*

Members online