New grain-free food

Dekka

Just try me..
Wow, that has 42% protein! :yikes: Is that what you feed?
I won't feed a kibble that is less than 40% protien. If you were to take a raw diet and dehydrate it, it would be more than 40% protien.

Anyone know if you can get it in Canada? (have a friend who is searching for a kibble for a dog with allergies)

showpug

Grain fiber simply replaced with plant fiber. No offense to those who feeding grain-free but I don't think these diets are any better of safer in that respect. Flaxseed is a common ingredient in many of the grain-free foods. It is the seeds from a flowering plant, high in fiber, yet not considered a grain. They're substituting one for another.

Taking a look at the page, I see no indication (in the advertising) about grain free. Not sure if they can do that legally being in contains Barley Grass?
What I do see right away is 3% fiber Tomato Pomace. I think it would be wise to avoid simply for that reason alone. Tomato Pomace is an expansion type fiber, therefore the number 3% has deception. Hydrated (wet and in the dogs stomach) translates into much higher numbers after expansion. This ration appears fiber-based, thus potentially problematic in regards to allergies.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Barley Grass is not a grain. Barley is . . . but a grain, technically, is the seed of a grain plant . . . barley grass is the plant before it sets seed . . . but honestly, I think the word 'grain free' is usually applied to the 'grains' that most humans include in thier diet: wheat, corn, and rice.

showpug

Personally, I could care less if a food contains grain as long as it is a quality source. What I seek out in the "grain-free" foods is their protein and fat levels which you just don't find in more traditional kibble formulations.

Members online

No members online now.