Flyball is for the Dogs

Flyball is a relay race for teams of four dogs. Dogs sprint over four hurdles. Then they jump against a spring-loaded box that releases a tennis ball, catch the ball midair and reverse course. After they race back through the hurdles, the next dog takes off.

Full Story:
http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=84108

This flyball stuff looks like alot of fun. Anyone tried it?

I've seen that; back in the distant past when I spent all my home-time at my beautiful little Victorian cottage in town where I had cable TV. In other words, B.C. (Before Charlie). (lol) Out here on the farm where I spend most of my time we can't get cable, so we can't watch Animal Planet, among other things.

I saw it run several times with teams of Jack Russells. What a hoot! I love watching those little short legs fly up and down the course!

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi

hi, i always wanted my dog or dogs to do flyball but theres no were in England that does it ive seen it on t.v but thats not the same i really wants to be there and race my dogs and have a great time if any ones got any info about were there might be flyball in England then please reply back! Thanks :D :D

Members online

No members online now.