And people say animals are dumb!

unite

Active Pup
He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.

She is pregnant.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina Newspaper, "The Observer," noticed her in the distance looking at the fireman.

He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sometimes a photographer gets the blessing of seeing such an event with the right equipment in his hands..i think that happens for a reason. What a shot, i am so glad you posted this and i will never forget it.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Wow. That image has been burned into my head. What a touching picture. It brought tears to me eyes.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
*flinches*

I hate to be the one to say it. While it is sweet story, it's untrue. The photo is real, but the story behind it is not.

But still, it gives me warm fuzzies each time I see that picture.

L

LabBreeder

but it is still a sweet picture. she just rescued herself. the firefighter did his job and cinamon and her puppies made it out. she could very well have been thanking him for showing up when he did. maybe she couldn't see the doorway until they went in cause of all the smoke? :)
ya never know what a dog's thinking...not really

unite

Active Pup
lol never know whats true when people submit it to google as news... Still a great story and picture.

Members online

No members online now.