Importing a dog from Australia to the US

(Let's try this again :p)

For those of you that have actually imported a dog for Australia can you please explain the process to me.

Some of the things I would really like to know is: how much did it cost over all (excluding the actual cost of the dog)?, how long does it take to get the dog from Australia to the states?, Is there any quarantine involved and if so for how long and in which country?

So I posted in this before it got gone away.

Bringing into the country really wasn't hard for me. My breeder took care of everything for the most part.

Cost: Traveler was a couple years ago and he came out just for shipping around 1,800 USD. Didgie and Zinga together was around 2,595 so around 1,300 each.

Time: It's kinda hard for me to figure out, time changes give me a headache. But overall it's a little less than three days it seems.

Quarantine: There is no quarantine for dogs coming in from Australia since they are rabies free currently. Though I believe I read it's island hopping towards them, so don't know how long that will be true

Overall it really is easy. They come into LA at LAX and there all the paperwork is done for coming into the country. From there they go to their final destination. Each time I went to pick them up all I had to do was give ID and sign some papers. Then we were good to go. What's funny is each time I went I had an expired ID by mistake :D They let me take them both times.

Thanks for the info!

Looks like the price has gone down but that still kind of hurts my wallet, lol. Maybe ill just hope for a litter in the US :p

Well, if you're talking about from when I did it to when Sara and I did it, it really didn't. In fact it went up. But splitting shipping with someone seriously helps.

Also remember that the currency exchange will come into play.

Members online

No members online now.