Any vibes left on here to be spared?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Not for my own clan, thank goodness.

One of my brother's boxers. 2 days ago we get a phone call from him saying that he had let his dogs outside for a few minutes, opened the door to call them back in, and only one came back. So he went out there and found his 6 year old female lying passed out in their outdoor run. Ran out there, picked her up and she was totally limp. Rushed to the vet where she finally started to come to, her physical exam and bloodwork were normal. We have had miserable weather here the last week or so - heat indexes hitting 105 degrees, dew points in the 70s. So we were hoping that this was just a case of the heat getting to her, and nothing more serious than that, but I did tell him it could be a heart problem as well.

Fast forward to today, I get home from work and my mom tells me my brother called. He's out of town, the dogs are with him. He was out on the lake or doing something with the boat, the dogs were on the dock. He's watching them and all of a sudden Darby starts shaking and wobbling and he's just praying that if she goes down, PLEASE stay on the dock. Nope... she passes out and goes crashing right into the lake and goes under. Thank God he was there to witness it or she would have drowned, but he was able to retrieve her; again, limp, and he's pretty sure not breathing. He calls his vet and tells them it happens again, and now they have an appointment at the University tomorrow morning because now they are sure it is her heart.

He wanted me to go with, and I really would like to as well, but unfortunately I have a job interview in the morning. :( I am quite positive it is cardiomyopathy. He did say he has noticed the last couple months that she has been lagging on walks, but he didn't think anything of it. I just feel so awful. His dogs are his kids and I can't even IMAGINE the absolute PANIC I would feel if my dogs not only collapsed, but collapsed right into a lake. Ugh.

So, vibes that the news isn't too bad and that she has many more years ahead. :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ugh :(

Lots and lots of vibes that they find something that can easily be managed or treated with medication and she has many more years to come.

Not having answers is the worst.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
As many (((vibes))) as possible...

What a scary thing...I hope they can do something for her.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh my gosh, how scary that must have been to see her crash into the lake like that. =< ((((VIBES)))) it's nothing too serious... poor girl.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Just hearing about it made me sick because my mind just... can't even wrap itself around that image.

Thanks for the vibes. I just hope they can come up with a good plan to get everything under control. Neither of his dogs are very healthy so this is just yet ANOTHER thing to throw at them.

Kilter

Sending vibes! They can do a lot for heart issues (if that's the case) and other things so hoping they find something that works for her. If it's bad get a second opinion, it doesn't hurt to do so.

SaraB

Oh wow, how scary!! Vibes they figure out what's wrong and it's nothing awful! Heart conditions scare the crizzap out of me, I'm not going to lie, every time Classic is running around like an idiot or chasing deer or something, I can't help imagining him just suddenly dropping dead. Dang Great Danes.

Doberluv

Oh no...I'm so sorry. How extraordinarily frightening that must have been. Sending vibes that it is something that can be managed and that she'll be okay. Gosh, a lot of dogs are having problems lately.:(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
They sent her home with a holter monitor, although they did an EKG there and actually saw "episodes" on that. Really technical terminology I was given lol. Probably VPCs. Apparently her heart looked strong - not sure what was done to determine that.

So, they'll look at the holter results on Monday and go from there. I think my brother said he was told that they might not actually prescribe drugs right now.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
VIBES! We had a Lab who had issues where her heart wouldn't pump enough blood & oxygen to her brain when she got excited and she would have a small seizure. It sounds a lot like this... It was pretty easily fixed with pills if I remember correctly.

Get better soon brother's Boxer!

Members online

No members online now.