Foods NOT affected by recall at Menu Foods

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I agree. Finding out that some of the brands that I comsidered to be "very good" even if they are not made there, but go through Menu foods, that is enough to turn me off.
I completely agree. I honestly don't think I could support any of these brands that outsource to Menu Foods. I like to know that my dogs are getting a quality food... I don't want my food made next to Iams or Kibbles and Bits.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I completely agree. I honestly don't think I could support any of these brands that outsource to Menu Foods. I like to know that my dogs are getting a quality food... I don't want my food made next to Iams or Kibbles and Bits.
*shock* Are you sure you don't want some meat and bone meal in with your wellness? I'm sure they could make a deal for you :eek:

jess2416

Who woulda thought
*Clearing up some possible confusion*

NOT all of these foods are made or outsourced by Menu foods a few are (mostly just the canned food)...I know I read it that way when I first read it :eek: but this is just a list of the foods that aren't affected..

Lizmo

Water Junkie
*sigh* I did feed the canned :( What's even sadder is I trusted the company, because they made good products and had high standerds......I guess not high enough....

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Natura, Innova EVO. I am not going to support a company that makes even there canned food at Menu Foods.

MafiaPrincess

I have a 6ish pound unopened bag of wellness that bothers me to have.. about a pound of TWO, and a few pounds of Orijen.

I think we will switch to Orijen for it's looking good, being fairly open, and made in Canada.. *prays that's enough criteria for staying safe*

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Wow, kinda drastic. Do you know where your food comes from?I havent heard anything about the dry foods....

jess2416

Who woulda thought
They havent said anything about the dry foods...but Menu Foods does make some of the Wellness stuff..

and TWO is refusing to answer

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
They havent said anything about the dry foods...but Menu Foods does make some of the Wellness stuff..

and TWO is refusing to answer
That's strange. ^

It's quite an uproar and I understand the panic, but I really think that people should take a deep breath and slow down a little.

There have been no studies as to the dry foods, right? No need to panic.. be aware, yes, but panic, no.

Guess I'll start feeding raw sooner than I thought. :)

MafiaPrincess

I'm not panicked myself, just unamused.
Before this dog food fiasco I wanted an answer from TWO and they weren't divulging, so now that this has all hit sketches me out more than I need..
I'm not throwing out my dog food, but I won't continue to support some of these companies. Maybe in future some will change, or hopefully in TWO's case divulge where it's made and it not be a scary answer..

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
TWO has always been reluctant in saying where they have their foods made. A while back, they said that they didn't make their foods at the Diamond plant... but would not say where they outsourced to.

um... Was Whiskas part of the food recall? I didn't see it... I am going to change their food though.. Oh its, not dry. oops..

I'm not panicked myself, just unamused.
Before this dog food fiasco I wanted an answer from TWO and they weren't divulging, so now that this has all hit sketches me out more than I need..
I'm not throwing out my dog food, but I won't continue to support some of these companies. Maybe in future some will change, or hopefully in TWO's case divulge where it's made and it not be a scary answer..
I don't think anyone can do enough to be considered "over" reacting at this point. Yes, to this date, none of the dry foods have been affected nor recalled. But lets not forget how Menu Foods has reacted and dealt with this whole situation from day one. They let almost a months time go by before issuing this recall. Instead of issuing the recall as soon as dogs were dying and becoming ill, they decided to stay hush hushed until they themselves tested the products on innocent animals (that ended up dying as well).

Can we trust this company?? I agree with being way-too-safe versus being sorry.

Members online