"Super Dog" did it again...

MicksMom

While I was setting up the rally course last night, he starting nosing around one of the chairs, then kind of crawling under it. Yep- another forgotten Nosework hide. The best part is that we weren't in that building for NW this week. So that hide was there from last Tuesday. When I texted our instructor to tell her, she simply asked, "Where this time?"

On the obedience/rally front, as long as I remember to give him the right jump signal, he seems to have the hang of the "Send To Jump" sign.

Maxy24

Wow, good job Mick! ever thought about doing any real work with him? Like search and rescue? Not sure what that requires of you to be trained in, but it seems like he'd do a great job!

MicksMom

...ever thought about doing any real work with him? Like search and rescue? Not sure what that requires of you to be trained in, but it seems like he'd do a great job!
Not SAR (I know enough about it to know it's not for me), but soon after we brought Caleb home, I told my MIL he'd make an awesome narcotics dog, but, due to the fact that I'd have to turn him over to the police department, I wasn't going to pursue it. We've now found a way to do something similar together (the very beginning training for detection dogs is similar to NW)! :)

Good job Caleb! Sounds like he loves nosework, too
I think he likes it more than Rally.

Members online

No members online now.