"You should get a muzzle if you don't trust him"

Oh Gosh. Is this what I have to look forawrd too when I will be walking my big, scary looking Bouvier?

People are just insane. Because you know Eddie having Xena in a nice sit, stay means you have not control what-so-ever on her. ACK!
Maybe not, since your Bouv won't be WWB (Walking While Brindle) ;)

You're more likely to have idiots trying to rush up and pet him without asking, since he's going to be big and fuzzy and you know ALL big fuzzy dogs are like Sesame Street characters :wall:

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Maybe not, since your Bouv won't be WWB (Walking While Brindle) ;)

You're more likely to have idiots trying to rush up and pet him without asking, since he's going to be big and fuzzy and you know ALL big fuzzy dogs are like Sesame Street characters :wall:
Oh, but she might be. Bouves come in Brindle too. Right now her fur is mostly black with brown streaks in it and grey undercoat lol. She either will go grey, black or Brindle. HA HA. Who knows though. Only time will tell.

Haha Sesame Street Characters. I get a kick outta that. Lets hope people stay away. I really dont appreciate people petting my dog when I am going on a walk without asking. And I am sure Emme wont either.

Maybe I should get her ears cropped to make her more mean looking and less sesame Street!:lol-sign:

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
So, here's a nice follow up.

Yesterday morning, I'm taking basically the same walk. As I round the school and start heading along the back parking lot, I see a fellow walking his very nice looking bully dog. I don't know what it was, but he was very handsome and nicely muscled. That's not important, though. Anyway, I know that Xena is always quite reactive to other dogs. She's never aggressive towards them, mostly she just wants to play. Anyway, I did the same thing - shortened her leash and put her in a sit. The guy came along (with his dog pulling like a nut trying to see Xena) and Xena just watched as he went by. She got up at the very end and wagged her tail, but never left my side or even tried to pull.

Still no muzzle :D

Bailey08

I thought of this thread today when we passed an adorable brindley dog. She kind of looked like a brindle version of Cali's Lucy. Scary!

mrose_s

BusterLove
Some people just seem so ignorant, I was at the park with my friend a few weeks ago, there was a guy with a rotti there in a halti.
It was just sitting there beside him quietly while he was eating his brekky and she said "if you have to muzzle your dog you shouldn't bring it out in public" I was so shocked, she loves dogs even if she isn't overly confident around ones she doesn't know.
I told her it was just a halti but still.

Last edited:

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Some people just seem so ignorant, I was at the park with my friend a few weeks ago, there was a guy with a rotti there in a halti.
It was just sitting there beside him quietly while he was eating his brekky and she said "if you have to muzzle your dog you shouldn't bring it out in public" I was so shocked, she loves dogs even if she isn't overly confident around ones she knows.
I told her it was just a halti but still.
Yah that is just ignorant on her part, I find that there are alot of people that think they knows alot, but really know nothing. Its sad and frustrating for owners like us who take our time to reasearch and do training. And know the behaviour of dogs.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
One more for the gang mugshot gallery - I submit the face of pure evil

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
I use a halti on Pax and jack both ( well jack is still learning to not fight it...LOL)
I hope people ask me about it so i can help inform others of its great use, maybe i should get one in neon orange ..LOL then they wont ever both me agaian.

Members online

No members online now.