Update On Rocky's Knowledge of Obedience!

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
As of now, he knows:

lie down, sit down, stay, shake, and come here.

AND! He's pretty much house trained... he just has holding it over night.

YAY! He's improving. Got any ideas on what I should teach him next? :D

bogolove

Yayyyyy Rocky! What a good boy he is! I am so happy for you, I know how much you have been working with him. Isn't it wonderful when it all finally starts to pay off?

frznbuns

a couple of the commands that my Dobies all know and we use all the time is..
"Leave it"... and "Wait".
I really use the "Wait" Command a lot. I use it when they go outdoors!!! you just don't know what it is like having 3 BIG dogs all trying to get out the door first! I have lost a lot of kneecaps at first with them running out a 32" door all at the same time.
I now have they at a sit then give them the "Wait" command, till I can open the door and GET OUT OF THE WAY. As soon as it is safe for me, I release them.
"Leave it" is another good one. It really comes in handy on walks. If they are trying to get to something(usually it is dead and stinky) I can tell them to Leave it and that takes care of the problem.
Keep up with the training everyday! "A good dog knows its place in a home"
I have a couple of really good training books if you would like to know what they are!?

Rocky's growing up, DoggyDaddy, and all your hard work is paying off. One day you'll suddenly realize that he's become an ultra-polite and well behaved Dog and you'll be so proud knowing you were a big part of it.

Mine all know what "gimme" means . . . Bimmer is best at it, Shiva and Kharma will come to me with whatever they have in their mouths, but they'll try to hide whatever it is up in their jowls and sometimes I have to reach in and feel around until I find it - fun . . . NOT! It's a good thing for your dog to know though.

They know "wait" too. I've got the same situation as you, Frzn. Bimmer has always had good manners about the door, but the grrrrls can sweep you right off your feet.

beagle_lovergirl

Stare at my avatar....
My aunt taught her Husky to play this game:

If your dog has lots of toys,name each one.For example, if he has a bone, a ball,and a rope, their names of coursewould be bone ball and rope( if you have more than one of the same toy, give them different nameslike orange ball or tennis ball. Make sure none of the toys have the same name.). Teach all the names to your dog and put them all next to each other. Say "Get (name of toy here)". Its also a good trick to show off to your friends but it might take longer to learn than normal tricks.

Members online

No members online now.