Beanerschnitzel.

elegy

overdogged
11 weeks old today. He's growing up so fast! (And housebreaking so slow!)

High speed Bean

Ooh, goats!

Devil puppy

Luce... not his biggest fan

First family photo fail

FG167

I LOVE his markings! He is gorgeous! Good luck on the housebreaking, we are going through that x2 right now!

elegy

overdogged
Sooo cute! So I want to hear all about him. How's his puppyhood comparing to Steve's?
It's fascinating, actually, to compare them. Bean is SO different from Steve. He loves everybody, he loves other dogs, he has so much fun in puppy class running with this huge Briard puppy. Steve never played with the puppies his size in puppy class because they were too scary- he always played with the toy puppies. He's just so much more outgoing. It's not that I did anything differently - he's just got a completely different temperament, well, at least socially.

He's also way badder than Steve. He still screams in his crate sometimes, especially in the car. Apparently that's been an issue for everybody that got pups from this litter- they're all crate ragers. I think we're coming to the end of it, and he doesn't make a peep at work unless he needs to go out, but holy nuts I didn't know a puppy could scream like that for such a sustained period of time!

But he's still so much a Border Collie in the same ways that Steve was a baby Border Collie. He's stalky. He's tug obsessed. He doesn't get to play ball the way Steve did because it makes poor Steve freak out, but I think he'll be a fine ball dog.

He's a really neat puppy. I'd like him a whole lot better if we could stop having to fight about pottying in the yard, but even so.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Haha I can understand the crate screaming. I was totally not prepared for Mia's ability to scream for hours when I got her.

He sounds awesome! I have such a crush on his daddy.

A

aussiedoggie

He is such a cutie! I really do like the way his colour is ... I'd like a Border Collie with a similar colour ike that. :D

BostonBanker

I love Bean, but Luce turning his nose up at his antics is definitely the highlight of this thread. That girl makes me smile every time I see a picture of her!

elegy

overdogged
Luce absolutely loved baby Steve. She is not amused by this puppy, like, at all. He starts screaming in his crate, she gets out of bed and goes and sleeps in the other bedroom. I feel bad that she's so disgusted :( I got him now in part because she liked Steve so much and she was such a good mama to him. Now she's like "I raised one for you, this one is *your* problem".

Members online

No members online now.